60228Re: Sam Baker SS7 and 77 recordings

  • lukelonggonemiles
    Jul 3, 2008
      Thanks Greg,

      There are no unissued songs, the Charly notes some unissued, but
      there were unissued titles listed as by Sam Baker but they were a.o.
      Joe Simon.

      The cd will have all 22 issued songs, a list with issue and master
      #'s will follow, as you can see 12 45's issued with 2 songs used
      twice. I only need martix # of the "What Did Sister Do" side.

      issue # matrix #
      2545/60 YOU CAN'T SEE THE BLOOD* 522(60)
      2545 WHAT DID SISTER DO ?
      2550 SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO CRY 503
      2550 SOMETHING TELLS ME 504
      2560/45 YOU CAN'T SEE THE BLOOD* 522(60)
      2560 DON'T FEEL RAINED ON 523
      2568 LET ME COME ON HOME 546
      2568 SOMEONE (BIGGER THAN YOU AND ME)550
      2579 JUST A GLANCE AWAY 575
      2579 SAFE IN THE ARMS OF LOVE 576
      2585 I CAN'T TURN HER LOOSE 595
      2585 THAT'S ALL I WANT FROM YOU 596
      2590 I BELIEVE IN YOU 604
      2590 I'M NUMBER ONE 620
      2601 SUNNY 653
      2601 I CAN'T STAND IT 654
      2613 I CAN'T BREAKAWAY 671
      2613 COMING TO BRING YOU SOME SOUL 673
      2629 STRANGE SENSATION 672
      2629 SUGARMAN 713
      2630 HOLD BACK GIRL 764
      2630/36 I LOVE YOU* 668
      2636 IT'S ALL OVER 763
      2636/30 I LOVE YOU* 668
      *issued twice

      --- In southernsoul@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Burgess" <lm.burgess@...>
      wrote:

      > None of these. Why don't call it 'Coming To Bring You Some Soul'
      > after one of his best known cuts.
      >
      > You say twenty two cuts but I can only account for 20 so are the
      > extra unreleased labours.
      > Thanks
      > Greg
      >

      > --- In southernsoul@yahoogroups.com, southernsoul@yahoogroups.com
      > wrote:

      > > southernsoul group:
      > >
      > > Your favorite album title for upcoming Sam Baker CD on Black
      Magic
      > Records to be released after the summer!
      > >
      > > o Soul Sensation
      > > o Bringing You Some Soul
      > > o Complete Sound Stage 7 and 77 recordings
      > > o Sometimes You Have To Cry
      > > o Strange Sensation

      > > not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo!
      Groups
      > > web site listed above.
      > >
      > > Thanks!

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic