Looking for Ham Radio Organizations/Club

  • kratebiker
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2001
      I will be moving to the Fortuna area this weekend. I am hoping to locate a ham radio club in the area. I am interested in getting a ham license and joining the world of amateur radio.
    • tracker_kg6bfo
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
        Hi there, Welcome. There are several clubs. The
        Humboldt Amateur Radio Club (www.humboldt-arc.org/). Also,
        Far West Repeater Association. And us, Southern
        Humboldt Amateur Radio Club (www.sharc.org). If you have
        your license, you can catch us on the local repeaters.
        Try 146.790 in Southern Humboldt. 146.760 in Fortuna.
        The SHARC web page has a list of local repeater
        frequencies. Check them out and give us a call (or email) when
        you get here. There are lots of people around who can
        help. Glad to have you.