Re: chat site

  • tracker_kg6bfo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2001
      I hope they do too. It would be nice to get this thing going a little bit. We will have to announce it on the net so everyone knows it is here.
    • kratebiker
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2001
        I will be moving to the Fortuna area this weekend. I am hoping to locate a ham radio club in the area. I am interested in getting a ham license and joining the world of amateur radio.
      • tracker_kg6bfo
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
          Hi there, Welcome. There are several clubs. The
          Humboldt Amateur Radio Club (www.humboldt-arc.org/). Also,
          Far West Repeater Association. And us, Southern
          Humboldt Amateur Radio Club (www.sharc.org). If you have
          your license, you can catch us on the local repeaters.
          Try 146.790 in Southern Humboldt. 146.760 in Fortuna.
          The SHARC web page has a list of local repeater
          frequencies. Check them out and give us a call (or email) when
          you get here. There are lots of people around who can
          help. Glad to have you.