chat site

  • madcreek2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2001
      Thank you Kim for establishing this chat site. I hope others will discover it and that we will have some informative and interesting conversations.
    • tracker_kg6bfo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2001
        I hope they do too. It would be nice to get this thing going a little bit. We will have to announce it on the net so everyone knows it is here.
      • kratebiker
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2001
          I will be moving to the Fortuna area this weekend. I am hoping to locate a ham radio club in the area. I am interested in getting a ham license and joining the world of amateur radio.
        • tracker_kg6bfo
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
            Hi there, Welcome. There are several clubs. The
            Humboldt Amateur Radio Club (www.humboldt-arc.org/). Also,
            Far West Repeater Association. And us, Southern
            Humboldt Amateur Radio Club (www.sharc.org). If you have
            your license, you can catch us on the local repeaters.
            Try 146.790 in Southern Humboldt. 146.760 in Fortuna.
            The SHARC web page has a list of local repeater
            frequencies. Check them out and give us a call (or email) when
            you get here. There are lots of people around who can
            help. Glad to have you.