3 on 3 tourney

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2008
      For some of you this might be a duplicate

      Guys I am in the midst of putting together a 3 on 3 tourney that will
      take place Sunday April 13th and if we have a huge turnout we would
      start it on Saturday the 12th and run it through Sunday the 13th.

      Basically its going to work with half ice and 2 games going on
      simultaneously with the big black foam blocks running down center
      ice. So one goal by the goal line and one goal at the top of the
      center ice circle. Right now I think its going to be max 9 skaters
      per team( most teams will have around 6 or 7), and then we will
      rotate the goalies, so the goalies will register separately, also
      this way goalies who want to skate out on a team can, and we probably
      have them pay 20-30 bucks.

      Some of the rules we are looking at are:
      Maximum of 9 players per team
      Jerseys for all participants (darks vs whites)
      Round robin format - Guaranteed 4 or maybe 5 games depending on
      turnout
      Each game will consist of 2 - 14 minute straight time periods.
      No time outs are allowed
      3 minute warm-up - please bring your own pucks
      cut the ice after 2 games
      Pond hockey rules - No contact, off-sides or icings
      No slap shots
      When a goal is scored:
      Opposing team must all clear to the blue line. Once all team members
      have cleared, you can then re-attack into the offensive zone.
      The team that got scored on will play the puck immediately before
      opposing team attacks.

      When a save is made:
      The referee will allow the goalie to play the puck to one of his team
      members. The opposing team must give enough space to allow this to
      happen( maybe clear to the blue zone.
      Penalty Shots:
      All minor penalties will result in a penalty shot with all players
      lining up at center ice (No rebounds allowed).
      Any major penalties or checking from behind will result in a game
      ejection and 2 shots will be awarded.
      If the goalie makes a save, the referee will allow that goalies team
      to start with the puck from behind or side of the net.
      If a goal is scored, opposing team must wait for their shooter to
      clear the blue line before they can attack. The team that got scored
      on will play the puck immediately out of the net before opposition
      attacks.
      Line changes:
      Line changes must be done on the fly.
      All games during the round robin that end in a tie will remain a
      tie.
      I am thinking one playoff game between the top two teams. Right now,
      and this is not set in stone, but its most likely going to be around
      $175-200per team again depending on how many games. I am still
      working out the kinks.

      Guys who want to work on this project with me, let me know. I am
      hoping to get the tourney all done in a day, and if turnout is bigger
      maybe start sat night let everyone get one game in then continue on
      sunday. If guys don't have a team I can find one for you. or put one
      together.

      I am also waiting to hear back from david eckrich (ran the icebreaker
      tourney) about who to contact about getting us some beer.

      Flyers should be posted in the ice box in a couple weeks, along with
      more details. I dont think there will be prizes, just alot of fun
      and bragging rights. Just giving everyone a heads up to start
      thinking of a team to put together
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2009
        Guys I know I am way out ahead of this, but I just secured the ice time this weekend.

        I am putting on another 3 on 3 tourney on sept 13th (sunday) from 12-7pm. Its $230 per team and $15 for goalies. Everytime I have put these on the turnout grows more and more. Beer and pizza will be provided. We are going to cap it at 20 teams. I just want to put the seed in peoples head and let them know this is coming up...albeit 2 and a half months away.

        Please feel free to pass this on. There are flyers put up in the lobby.

        Any questions, please feel free to ask

        thanks