Re: [southbendhockey] saturday 1/28 skating clinics

  • Crystal VanMeerten
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2012
      These classes are not just for beginners.  They are for anyone who wants to improve their skating in order to improve their hockey game.

      I have been skating for over 3 years.  And I took private lessons from Jaci over the summer and fall.  I learned so much from her.  She notices the little things that improve your skating TREMENDOUSLY!  My first lesson she noticed that I was not shifting my weight when I skated forward.  After just one lesson, she took seconds off my time skating from blue line to blue line, not that far at all.  She notices that you are not turning your shoulders the right direction for cross-overs, transitions, etc.  You turn your shoulders the right way and something that was difficult before now seems so easy.

      We all know those whom we play with that cannot stop.  Who use us or the boards to stop.  First lesson on January 21st, which I attended (I would not miss an opportunity to work with Jaci), she had us working on hockey stops.  My daughter who has only been on skates three times in her life learned how to stop that night.  Not a snow plow stop nor a fast stop or hockey stop, but she learned to stop using one foot in either direction.

      This is a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY, please take advantage of it!