players

  • Ed Hickman Jr
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
      Jeff,  I played goalie for team x last week and we played the hawks.  I am curious as to why at least b league level players are on their team and why they are not helping the other members of the team out.  Their ego seems to be getting in the way of positive influence in their team.  It was not fun to have learning level players out on the ice and have them coming down to score when the game was way lopsided.   This is my beef and I thought I would convey it to you and see your opinion. Ed

    • Keith A. McIndoo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010

        Ed,

        I couldn’t agree with you more. We need some enforcement on keeping players in their respective leagues. The older guy, Don, with the red helmet (plays defense, maybe Boatshed?) in the C league, has been draining the fun out of the C league and tournaments for years.

        A possible solution: the captains should agree that if someone is “out of the league”, too good, the opposing captain should be able to dismiss them from the game.

        Your thoughts?

        Keith A. McIndoo

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
          don sheliga isnt playing for vyagra anymore   he plays for SBF in the B league now

          219-898-5705
          I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. ---Rodney Dangerfield

          I couldn’t agree with you more. We need some enforcement on keeping players in their respective leagues. The older guy, Don, with the red helmet (plays defense, maybe Boatshed?) in the C league, has been draining the fun out of the C league and tournaments for years.

          A possible solution: the captains should agree that if someone is “out of the league”, too good, the opposing captain should be able to dismiss them from the game.

          Your thoughts?

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------

          Keith A. McIndoo

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
            Guys,

            I certainly understand the frustration when some of the b league guys are skating circles around us, but please keep in mind that many of them (like Don) have gracoiusly offered to help teach the slower guys (like me) how to be better hockey players.

            I've learned a great deal from the faster guys through one-on-one instruction as well as watching just how they are ablle skate circles around me.

            If everyone on my team played at my level, it would be no fun either. Everyone enjoys winning, but I'd like to think that I'm out there to learn, get some exercise, and socialize with all of you folks - an yes, occasionally win a few games.

            I'd just hate to see anyone who is capable of playing at the B league level banned from the C league. I think that C league would be a little less interesting.

            Just my 2 cents.

            Thanks,

            Ron

            www.eteamz.com/ sbshl
            I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. ---Rodney Dangerfield

            I couldn’t agree with you more. We need some enforcement on keeping players in their respective leagues. The older guy, Don, with the red helmet (plays defense, maybe Boatshed?) in the C league, has been draining the fun out of the C league and tournaments for years.

            Jeff,  I played goalie for team x last week and we played the hawks.  I am curious as to why at least b league level players are on their team and why they are not helping the other members of the team out.  Their ego seems to be getting in the way of positive influence in their team.  It was not fun to have learning level players out on the ice and have them coming down to score when the game was way lopsided.   This is my beef and I thought I would convey it to you and see your opinion. Ed

          • Erik
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
              I agree with you Ron that it is good to have better players in the league to help the newer guys learn. But when it comes to game time they need to learn to play down to a C league level to make it fare for every one. I have seen some B leaguers play in C league and skate around every one, but I have also seen some play down in a supprting role and those are the kind of guys we need in the league.

              Erik Krantz
            • SEAN and AMY GODBEY
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2010
                guys,
                I know as a C/rec level player that I have learned alot by skating with guys above my ability, as I am sure all of you have as well, as for skating around and running up the score that sucks!! and I hate it as much as anyone but that is what we have captins for I feel that it is their responsablity to keep their team in check, and if they can not maybe they should be scheduled a game against the A league and let them get their asses kicked, I would hate to see guys kicked out of the c league that are truly there to play with friends and help teach us slugs. however they need to under stand that if they are playing in a lower league than they must play down to that level. I think most all c league teams have a B  player but most of them are there as support and teachers. lets just remind them and their captins of that.

                just my two cents.

                Sean Godbey

                To: southbendhockey@yahoogroups.com
                From: Driven_4him@...