Fw: Re:

  • nate setser
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2009
      --- On Thu, 4/9/09, kpmasters@... <kpmasters@...> wrote:

      > From: kpmasters@... <kpmasters@...>
      > Subject: Re:
      > To: "John Banks" <jcbanks@...>
      > Cc: "Ryan Agrey" <agrey@...>, "Brian Atkins" <atkins13@...>, "Gordon Atkins" <atkins@...>, "Kyle Cothran" <wolfpack897@...>, "Dave Jardine" <srfun@...>, "Shaun Kisser" <smoocher3984@...>, "Erik LaBianca" <erik@...>, "Jeff Martins" <martinsj@...>, "Mike Martins" <martinsm@...>, "Chris Mulders" <chrismulders28@...>, "JC Neu" <jcneu33@...>, "Jared Slack" <slack@...>, "Nate Stafford" <nate.stafford@...>, "Braden Teller" <braden@...>, "Dave Alonso" <alonso@...>, "Jack Basich" <jackbasich@...>, "Jim Borntrager" <james.borntrager@...>, "Casey Burleson" <cjburly@...>, "Tim Carlson" <domeanddomer@...>, "Tom Gearen" <t66@...>, "Doug Gustafson" <daggus77@...>, "Gary Johnson" <garysjohnson@...>, "Mike Klute" <mklute@...>, "Nick Linarello" <boozeman@...>, "Dan Little" <dslittle@...>, "Phil
      Nowak" <phil.nowak@...>, "Doug Prentice" <prenticebuilders@...>, "Rob Ryan" <rob66@...>, "Jeff Sax" <southbendhockey@...>, "Mike Screes" <michael.screes@...>, "TJ Sellen" <flyers2727@...>, "Josh Setser" <liquidjosh41@...>, "Nate Setser" <nsetser18@...>, "Bob Smith" <goalie.17@...>, "Mike Studer" <studer6@...>, "Frenchy Terrault" <piejoy@...>, "Dan Tryon" <dwty10@...>, "Patrick Webb" <webbpatr@...>

    • fireboy3015
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2009
        I am very sorry to hear that Bobby did not make it last night. I did not know him other than playing a few rat hockey games with him, but he seemed like a great guy.
        I do want to commend every one that was out on the ice Wednesday night for their valiant, and brave efforts. It is never easy being thrown into a situation like that, but no body there hesitated to jump in and do what they could to help a friend and a brother.

        Erik Krantz
      • mike scheetz
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
          Is anyone taking a collection for, flowers, memorial service, maybe a memorial or something at the rink?

          I am very sorry to hear that Bobby did not make it last night. I did not know him other than playing a few rat hockey games with him, but he seemed like a great guy.
          I do want to commend every one that was out on the ice Wednesday night for their valiant, and brave efforts. It is never easy being thrown into a situation like that, but no body there hesitated to jump in and do what they could to help a friend and a brother.

          Erik Krantz

        • Don Sheliga
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
            Has anyone heard about the funeral services yet..........

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
              FYI..........................

              Bobbys viewing is tomorrow from 1-3. Svs will be at 3. Location is Walkerton United Church, 1174 Lake St in Walkerton

              Denise (Bobbys Girlfriend) is plannning  a candle light Vigil tonight at the Box at 7.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009
                I have had several people email me lately, stating that they were not at the rat hockey game on Wednesday night and don't know exactly what happened to Bobby. While I am not by any means a close friend of Bobby's (only played a few rat hockey games with him,) I will fill the rest of the south bend hockey group in on what happened so that his close friends and family can take this time to focus and remember him.
                Wednesday night the 8th of April we had a rat hockey game from 7:30 to about 9:30. It was a good game with lots of people and friendly competition going on the whole evening. At right around 9:30, Bobby who was in his usual position between the posts suddenly collapsed. All of us there immediately skated over to his crease to see if he was ok. Not to go into to much detail, we tried waking Bobby to no avail. 911 was called immediately, and CPR was started with in 45 to 60 seconds after he collapsed.
                We performed CPR on Bobby until the medics arrived. At that time they took over doing what they do. They shocked Bobby twice on the ice, and gave him some drugs before the transported him to Memorial Hospital. When they put him in the back of the ambulance his condition unfortunately had not changed.
                I don't know any more details than that, other than Bobby sadly did not make it. His family held a wonderful candle light vigil for him tonight in the crease where he played his last game.
                As I said in my post yesterday, all of the people playing there Wednesday night put forth a brave and valiant effort to do all they could to help their friend and brother. So in this time if we could keep his family, friends, and Frank's Place hockey team in our thoughts and prayers, I know that would go a long way for them.
                That is about all the details I have, and feel I should share. If any one wants to know any thing more contact some one from Frank's Place, as they were his brother's on the ice and know him more intimately than I did.
                Thank you all very much for your time in this matter.

                Erik Krantz