Re: [southbendhockey] SKILLS CLINIC

  • EDWARD GRAFF
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      Jeff,
      Is this the thurs night session you refered to earlier, or do you plan to have a separate rat hockey session?
      Ed Graff

      jeff sax <southbendhockey@...> wrote:
      Skating and hockey fundamentals clinics will be offered every Thursday
      beginning this week at 10:15. There will be 25 sessions that build on
      each other. Recommended for those who are just beginning or who still
      have work to do on both skating, stick-handling, passing, etcÂ…. Cost
      will be $10.00 per session or $180.00 for all 25 sessions. I will be
      putting together a syllabus this week so that you can see in more
      detail what we will be working to accomplish. Please feel free to
      invite men/women already in our league and those contemplating playing
      this summer or next season. I will be limiting this to the first
      twenty people that reply and make payment. Call with any questions.
      Thanks. Cyril Oake 574 340-7771

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
        Guys first off, anytime you reply to this group, you reply to everyone on the list.

        Second, to wrap up what ed asked, originally, I wanted to have a rat hockey session thursday night, and we will have one, just not yet.  Right now there is one open slot thursday nights and we felt it would be better to run clinics at that time, because it would bring the beginner players up a notch, and in turn enhance the level of play.  We also invited the women to join us for the clinic, because some of them are at or below the C level.

         I think in a few weeks, we should have both rinks open at 10 or 10:15 and one will run rat hockey and the other will be the clinic.  I am not sure when that is yet. I think most rinks have a dedicated hour for people that arent in leagues, and I felt the ice box should do the same.  C league guys only play once a week, while A and B play most of the time twice a week.  I should have some more time to explore the open slots after this week.  I have to get the current schedule from mike klute and then we can see what are options are.  You guys can mark down rat hockey the wednesday before thanksgiving if you want.  I have been doing that for a couple years now and we all have a good time doing so.

        We could officially have rat hockey every night if we wanted, but it would be at 11:15 or 11:30 and most guys dont want to be out that late, although this summer we would play until 1 sat nights.  Other than that, when the ice is availible I will grab it.  Guys, I am sure ed graf will start up rat hockey at howard and merrifield around november time, and if we have enough interest, we could run something once a week over there as well.

        jeff sax <southbendhockey@ yahoo.com> wrote:
        Skating and hockey fundamentals clinics will be offered every Thursday
        beginning this week at 10:15. There will be 25 sessions that build on
        each other. Recommended for those who are just beginning or who still
        have work to do on both skating, stick-handling, passing, etcÂ…. Cost
        will be $10.00 per session or $180.00 for all 25 sessions. I will be
        putting together a syllabus this week so that you can see in more
        detail what we will be working to accomplish. Please feel free to
        invite men/women already in our league and those contemplating playing
        this summer or next season. I will be limiting this to the first
        twenty people that reply and make payment. Call with any questions.
        Thanks. Cyril Oake 574 340-7771

        Jeff Sax
        South Bend Senior Hockey League
        574-251-1665 home