Thanks, Jim. I've had the spindle out of the headstock for quite some time (I did that just before I bought the mill and got sidetracked). I have the lathelrgoodger
Inside the Headstock, in the two journals, under the spindle, is an oil reservoir and spring loaded oiling felts. The felts serve both to provide oil to theeeengineer1
W Welcome to our World.... I am jut finishing up a circa 1944 187-Y i have done several " Workshop" 9" bench models But the cast iron Maidenjoebiplane2
This month's lathe is owned by George Burton
This is a 1946 Heavy 10R that I restored about 3 years ago. My Father bought this in the 1950's from Burnett Crystal Ice in Texarkana, TX. This restoration was really a chore: but it turned out quite well
The lower picture shows a 1" by 4 TPI square thread lead screw being cut on a Heavy 10.
- Machinery and Tools
- Jul 25, 2010
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.