Replacement screws for a sunthbend 10K?

  • jjmitchell60
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2012
      I was having trouble with my 10K power feed so I decided to take it apart. Well to make a long story short, I broke the screw that holds the friction cluth knob from coming off. Any clues where I can find a replacement screw? The good thing was once the screw broke, the friction clutch and knob began to work properly; go figure!!! I can post the part number to that screw later being I have all the books to my lathe which is either a late 40s or early 50s 10KA model. It is on the book BUT the book is in the shop in the lath table cabinet. I would also like to buy some other replacement screws that are buggered up a bit but the main one is the friction clutch knob screw. Thanks in advance for any info or ideas as to where to find the screws and other items. Am also looking for quick change tool post and indexable tool posts, any ideas as the best ones to get and who from? Any companies make kits as to indexable tool posts and quick change tool holders?

      Also have one other question, will most South bend 9 stuff fit the 10K? Items like steady rest and other accessories? What otehr South bend models or any other lathe brands have parts/tooling/accessories that will fit the 10K? Again thanks for any input.

      Thanks,
      JJ