9" southbend granny gear

  • ironguy1967
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008
      I have a 9 inch southben lathe, model c I think,. The serial numbers
      have been erased and I can only find 40044 on the tailstock end.

      Anyway, the back gear is extremely tight. I can engage it and turn
      the grear by levering a bar in the chuck and turning it, but I canot
      turn it with the motor. the belt either spins or comes off. Is this
      normal, or am I doinng something wrong. Please help me guys!

      Ironguy