10K manual? also, is that a drain plug under the apron?

  • skyoder
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2004
      Hi all,
      Some 10K-newbie questions:
      1) I have the Army manual and How to Run a Lathe and the FAQ from the
      southbendlathe group. But is there a dedicated manual for the 10K? Or at
      least for the group lathes comprised of 9" and 10K's?
      2) I notice a square-headed bolt under the apron. It may be the thing labeld
      "pipe plug" in the Army manual. Is this a drain plug? If so, should I drain the
      apron and fill it with new oil as I clean up my "new" 10K?
      thanks,
      Steve
    • Clint D
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2004
        Steve

        see below

        > Hi all,
        > Some 10K-newbie questions:
        > 1) I have the Army manual and How to Run a Lathe and the FAQ from the
        > southbendlathe group. But is there a dedicated manual for the 10K? Or at
        > least for the group lathes comprised of 9" and 10K's?

        Yes, the 9 and 10k manual is the same, found on ebay, cheap, the south bend
        group has scans of the manuall I think?

        > 2) I notice a square-headed bolt under the apron. It may be the thing
        labeld
        > "pipe plug" in the Army manual. Is this a drain plug? If so, should I drain
        the
        > apron and fill it with new oil as I clean up my "new" 10K?

        Yes

        Clint

        > thanks,
        > Steve
        >

        > Welcome to the South Bend 10K group. You can ask questions and post your
        South Bend 10K pics. Please no off topic post's. Thanks. Bob