Brand new member!

  • Bob Monaghan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hello lathe enjoyers,
         I am new to this group, but I have been using , owning and loving lathes for 40 years now. I currently own a 13 inch South Bend lathe with a 6 foot bed that was made June 26, 1971. The ways are hardly touched, it is missing a few parts, but runs very smoothly. The counter shaft on the underneath drive is starting to make some bearing noise, but that doesn't effect the rest of the lathe.
         I still own the first lathe I owned, it is a 618 Atlas flat bed and runs as well as can be expected for a flat bed.
         I also own ,but don't use a 1908 Pratt & Whitney No.3, This lathe is very accurate and smooth, the hand wheel used to tighten the collets was broken and repaired with copper rivets before I owned it. The headstock is so well balanced that the rivets always land on the bottom.
         What is with the 10k, does that mean you need to own a 10 inch Suoth Bent to belong to this group?
         Enjoy Turning, BOB

      Yahoo! Personals