Re: [southbend10k] Re: 20/40 and 56 tooth gears on the QC gearbox input?

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013
      >Jim,

        >With the hex stock would it be better to use the 3 jaw or the 4 Jaw to cut the external threads on the chuck body? My 3 jaw will be off by 3 or 4 thousanths unless I can do something different.

      >EW
      A 3;jaw is ideal for hex -- 6 sides.

      The runout will not matter. You will cut, thread, and fit the body to the spindle. You then thread the ER body on to the spindle.
      All machining is then done with the body on the spindle.
      All subsequent bores, threads, or tapers will be concentric with the initial threads and spindle.
      Only the OD might have runout. But that is inconsequential