Cutler hammer 9441H31D drum switch wiring

  • guycad@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
      Does anybody have the wiring diagram for a reversing switch Cutler hammer 9441H31D reversing switch

      I figured it out for 3 phase, but I have not found any reference to the wiring diagram on internet.

      I need the wiring diagram for a 220V single phase, 3 wires coming out of the motor.

      Guy Cadrin

      New Policy in Mississippi
      March 2012-Drivers w/ no DUIs may qualify for $9/week car insurance...
      http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/51edc18c2f386418b30c6st01vuc
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
        >I need the wiring diagram for a 220V single phase, 3 wires coming out of the motor.

        >Guy Cadrin

        I believe you need at least 4 wires.

        Not the same model but there are diagrams for another model in the files section.
        Jim B
        Sent from (behind) my South Bend Heavy 10 Lathe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
          That's the southbendlathe group files.
        • guycad@netzero.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
            In 220V configuration, only 3 wires are required.  In fact I mickey moused a reversing switch, using 2 flip switch   (one that is on-off and the other one that is wired in order to revert polarities.  Only 3 wires go to the motor and it works.  In 110V config, 4 wirews would be required.)

            I already have the wiring diagram for the most common Cutler Hammer switch found usually on South Bend lathes.  (the one that has crossing wires inside)

            The one I got, we really see the drum, with conact screws low on each side.   In and out holes are one above the other, contrary to the other model that is side by side.

            Guy Cadrin

            >I need the wiring diagram for a 220V single phase, 3 wires coming out of the motor.

            >Guy Cadrin

            I believe you need at least 4 wires.

            Not the same model but there are diagrams for another model in the files section.
            Jim B
            Sent from (behind) my South Bend Heavy 10 Lathe

            New Policy in Mississippi
            March 2012-Drivers w/ no DUIs may qualify for $9/week car insurance...
            TheFinanceAuthority.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
              In 220V configuration, only 3 wires are required.  In fact I mickey moused a reversing switch, using 2 flip switch   (one that is on-off and the other one that is wired in order to revert polarities.  Only 3 wires go to the motor and it works.

              I missed the 220V part.