RE: [southbend10k] RE: Ty Russell

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013

      The spam detector on my ISP actually got that one.

      Jim B.

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
        Oddly enough Yahoo's spam filter didn't catch it and rout it to my spam folder. I have no idea where that link will take you because I didn't click on it. I consider anything that doesn't contain an explanation of what you're about to click on to be spam. The sender has been a member for years, so it's not him. Just another victim of mailbox hacking.

        On a side note the 10K group has always been open to anyone. Though new members and visitors were always moderated. I had to change that setting a few weeks ago because non member spammers were keeping me busy in the moderated cue. Also, when a valid, non moderated member gets hacked I have no choice but to put them back on moderated status until they've rectified the problem. I'm sure you experience the same problems on your Heavy10 groups. ;-)

        Chris

        The spam detector on my ISP actually got that one.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013

          I do something similar Chris,

          I return the offender to moderated, and also send him an email (From Yahoo as the group moderator, not from my email account.)

          The email is titled, “Your email account has been compromised”

          It contains the following text.

          You are sending spam to one or more of the Yahoo groups.

          Your status has been changed and you have been prohibited from posting on those accounts.

          You must fix your problems. Start by changing your password.

          This is a safe place to check your new password for strength.

          https://howsecureismypassword.net/

          There is a list of the 10000 most commonly used passwords published on the interned.

          http://xato.net/passwords/more-top-worst-passwords/

          If your password is one of them IT WILL BE STOLEN.

          In addition Yahoo has set up a double log in. USE IT!!!!!!!!

          Your Moderator

          Owner
          http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendheavy10/
          co-owner.
          NJ_LoganLatheOwners@yahoogroups.com
          moderator
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendlathe/
          Projects_For_Home_Shop_Metal_Fabricators

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
            Jim, I want to thank you for those tips. I never noticed the drop down before when sending a message from within the moderator's panel. Sad considering how many years I've been doing this!

            Chris

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
              My ISP filter (Roadrunner) also caught this one and two on southbendlathe.

              The Yahoo filter did not catch it probably because it is a Yahoo
              problem. Yahoo has problems. Do a search for "Spam on Yahoo"

              Ed S