Re: [southbend10k] PT744NT2

  • Douglas Pollard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2013
       I have a block too and had no rocker. I took a pair of dividers and swing a piece of a circle on a piece of sheet metal and cut it with a  a pair of tin snips  and tried it, Then changed the dividers and on the third piece i cut,  it fit. Then carefully take a measurement off a machinist scale.  If you get the radius too small the insert will  only bear in the middle and your tool will chatter.  It's important to get it exactly right or a very small amount bigger on the radius. If its .005 or ,010 thousandths  bigger it well sqeeze down in the middle when you tighten the screws and be very ridged.  Thats how I made mine.   Solid as a rock.     Doug

      On 03/03/2013 07:43 PM, Lurch wrote:

      I have an OEM "turret tool block", which lacks the 4 tool rockers [p/n PT744NT2]. Does anyone else on this list have the same turret tool block, that could measure the radius of the curve the rockets sit in, to verify my measurements and math? I make it to be 5.75" radius.

      Thanks,
      Lurch

      --
                       Doug Pollard,