Re: [southbend10k] South Bend 9A/10K UMD questions on V belt and question on xfeed assembly bearing

  • Steve Wells
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3 5:13 PM
      Hi Guy,
      Hope you are doing well.
      I would really be interested in seeing the telescopic taper conversion if you can take pictures through the project that would be great.
      Im going to try to post some new content to the website and that sounds like a great read.
      The bearings you need for the gear side of the handle shaft is Boston Gear 17195, I order them from MSC and their part number is 03548591,
      this is for a Bearing set that includes 2 flat washers, you can follow the SBL instructions for refit but I consider these the drop in replacement,
      although you do need to remove material to refit, it's a minor job as the closer fitting is in the dial/handle and front CF sleeve.
      In the front bushing and under the sleeve you can use the same bearing set (17195) or you can use an INA TC613 flat needle bearing and the matching INA
      TWA613 flat washers, the MSC part numers for these are (1) 03380896 and (2) 03381068. The INA set is the bearing to use under the compound dial too.
      Hope That helped.
      and PS...I have a large dial handle blank that has the gear pre-cut, the shaft is the full OD of the Gear blank, so it has to be turned to size. $30.00.

      Steve Wells