Limit Switch for Threading

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2012
      I just purchased a VFD with dynamic breaking for my 10K. I use the threading method that JWE used to promote by turning off the lathe at the end of the cut and reversing it. I made a flip up tool holder so I don't even need to back out the cross slide. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a limit switch on the VFD to stop the lathe at the end of the thread in the relief cut. If not, is this idea feasable?

      Thank you

      John Dunbar
    • Payson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2012
        We had a push button mounted on a carriage stop, that cut the power. It wasn't for threading though. We were turning wood billets for piccolos.
        Payson