RE: [southbend10k] Re: Phase II toolpost

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2012

    Once you get your QCUP you will find you will want to get lots of tool holders. Then you need to organize them.

    I have a Heavy 10 and a (much) modified 9” both with QCTP. I machined a washer to put under the 10L TP so once the tool is set on either lathe its set for either lathe.

    Organizing them took some time. I eventually made some custom peg board holders.  I took a scrap piece of stock and made a bending/brazing jig by drilling three holes.

    I first bent some 3/16 rod (first attachment) and then gas welded the twp pieces together. I added a cross brace free hand.

    Now all my tools are organized.

    Jim B.
    Owner
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendheavy10/
    co-owner.
    NJ_LoganLatheOwners@yahoogroups.com
    moderator
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendlathe/
    Projects_For_Home_Shop_Metal_Fabricators