RE: [southbend10k] SOUTH BEND 11 1938 APRON LOCK

  • RICHARD FRANKLIN
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
    jim all the hold downs are there on the machine besides the one on the apron that is missing. There was no threads on the broken piece so im not even sure it was from this machine as i have not found any thing broken but i have not taken the apron apart yet for inspection :( but it only one of two things i have left in my lathe to work on is my gear box and apron.every thing else is back together :)  but i did find some thing here i didnt notice before is a oil leak from the end of the shaft on the lower pulley . now i see why the wheel was so dirty when i took it apart for the clean up and new motor install. every thing spun good no bad i seen from the inspection so im wondering if im looking at a new problem. help please

    Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
      That really does not look like a worrisome leak to me.  Remember the reservoirs on that shaft are supposed to be filled every day.  The oil is expected to go somewhere.

      Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2012
        true