Re: [southbend10k] HF Wire Flux/Mig Welder

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012

      Well, I was seriously considering cashing in on a Harbor Freight January blow out sale and buying their 120A Flux/Mig wire welder. I also had a 20% coupon, so I made a pact with myself to not buy it if they didn't accept the coupon. The welder is regularly $299.00, on sale for $199.00. With the coupon it would have brought it down to $160.00.
      Long story short, they wouldn't accept the coupon so I kept the bargain with myself and didn't buy it. Now, I'm not a novice to HF, or some of the crap they sell. I've have purchased some of there stuff with the attitude that I'm buying a raw item that needs to be finished. Yeah, somethings I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole but other things I've had for years and are still serving me. In fact, I have a HF drill press that is about 37 years old now. HF was called Pacific Freight & Salvage back then.

      I'd like to thank all of you for your replies but I guess I just wasn't that anxious at the present time.
      Chris

    • sgt_cude
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012
        would like a tig

        Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:14 PM
        Subject: Re: [southbend10k] HF Wire Flux/Mig Welder

        I have one and  run it on 240. Works good for my needs just like my Chinese tig does.