Re: [southbend10k] Spindle bearing expander

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011
      We have detailed (original SB documentation) in the files section of our SouthBendManual group. This is a direct link to the PDF file but you have to be a member to access it.

      Here's a link to the Home Page.

      Chris

      This email has been sent by the Moderator:
      SouthBendLathe9
      SouthBendLathe9A
      SouthBendManual
      SouthBendLathe4
      SouthBendLathe3
      SouthBendLathe2
      SouthBend10K
      LoganLathe (Not Scott Logan's LatheList)
      MachinistProjects
      How do you properly set the bearing expander on the spindle bearings?

      Thank you

      John Dunbar

    • Chris

        How do you properly set the bearing expander on the spindle bearings?

        Thank you

        John Dunbar

      • John
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011
          I guess moderately tight is the answer?

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011

            I guess moderately tight is the answer?

            You adjust to get the up and down play specified in the instructions.

            Jim B.
            Owner
            http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendheavy10/
            co-owner.
            NJ_LoganLatheOwners@yahoogroups.com
            moderator
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendlathe/
            Projects_For_Home_Shop_Metal_Fabricators

          • John Dunbar