Crossfeed handle key size

  • treinenbaas
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2010
      Hi All,
      I have lost the handle for my SB 10 crossfeed.
      I am currently in Florida and the lathe is in NY.
      I bought a new handle here and need to broach a keyway.
      Could someone please email me the size of the keyway slot.
      Thanks in advance.

      Gerry Vandervlis
      352-650-6009
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2010

        The Key is round.

        Normally 0.093 but I have seen one that was 1/8.

        (May have been buggered)

        It’s usually a tight fit. I am not sure a rectangular slot will do.

        Also it’s not a through broach. This stops the key from rubbing on the mating part.

        Its better to make a fixture and drill part way through.

        Jim B.

      • treinenbaas
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2010
          Hi Jim,