Re: [southbend10k] Re: South Bend 10 K counter shaft 4 grooves V pulle y

  • guycad@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17 6:41 PM

      I am back home tonight.

      I found the drawings, but i experience Windows Vista problems with them.  I will have to revert to a XP machine in order to add quotations.

      I have two V belt pulleys for the headstock.  The one I will probably get rid of has wear on the pulleys, but doesn't cause any drive issues.  The bore has probably 0.005 in wear.  It would need to be re-bored and I believe an oilite slleve could bepres fit.  This is easy at the bull gear end, but there is less than 1/16" play for theboe at thegear end.   I was planning on doing it until I found another one on ebay.  (that one has wear on the face in contact with the bull gear)

      With regards to the poly V belt setup, I have the magazine somewhere here.

      Guy

      Click to find information on your credit score and your credit report.

    • alvarotesser
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17 9:49 PM
        Oops, I think that I perhaps didn't make myself clear enough, what I do
        need is the counter shaft 4 step V belt pulley. I do have a head stock
        complete assembly but however thanks just the same and, I would be
        grateful should you be able to send me those drawings whenever it's
        convenient to you,

        Thanks,

        Al
        --- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "guycad@..." <guycad@...> wrote:

        > I am back home tonight.
        > I found the drawings, but i experience Windows Vista problems with
        them. I will have to revert to a XP machine in order to add quotations.
        > I have two V belt pulleys for the headstock. The one I will probably
        get rid of has wear on the pulleys, but doesn't cause any drive issues.
        The bore has probably 0.005 in wear. It would need to be re-bored and I
        believe an oilite slleve could bepres fit. This is easy at the bull
        gear end, but there is less than 1/16" play for theboe at thegear end.
        I was planning on doing it until I found another one on ebay. (that one
        has wear on the face in contact with the bull gear)
        > With regards to the poly V belt setup, I have the magazine somewhere
        here.
        > Guy
        > Click to find information on your credit score and your credit report.

        http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/Ioyw6i4txnwcectZjPTnKh1eJ\
        HfMvXbGbDuR7BOzLDENEldxkHTLJS/

      • Bob Wright
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18 9:20 AM
          Well after a long 16 hr day/night at work here are some rough leaning
          over my lathe measurements and i was wrong about the rear pulley
          being the same as the headstock pulley....Bob
          3.100 WIDE
          5.580
          5.250
          4.650
          4.050

          --- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "alvarotesser"

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18 12:46 PM
            Hey Bob,

            Much obliged however, you really didn't have to do just today good
            friend! Next week, the week after that ( can you tell, I'm retired? LoL)
            it would have been just fine but regardless, you have my sincere
            appreciation. Next time I will remember to to stress the fact that there
            is no hurry

            Best regards and, once again many thanks! Should you ever need
            something from here, west coast, Roseville/Sacramento area please do not
            hesitate,

            Take care

            Al

            --- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Wright" <aametalmaster@...>