Re: South Bend 10 K counter shaft 4 grooves V pulle y

  • alvarotesser
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17 5:46 PM
      Hi Guy,
      Can you please look for those drawings if possible and, please let me know how much bore wear there is? I'm pretty good with things like that and, if there is a way to fix it, I'll find it! LOL

      Thank you much,

      Al

    • guycad@netzero.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17 6:41 PM

        I am back home tonight.

        I found the drawings, but i experience Windows Vista problems with them.  I will have to revert to a XP machine in order to add quotations.

        I have two V belt pulleys for the headstock.  The one I will probably get rid of has wear on the pulleys, but doesn't cause any drive issues.  The bore has probably 0.005 in wear.  It would need to be re-bored and I believe an oilite slleve could bepres fit.  This is easy at the bull gear end, but there is less than 1/16" play for theboe at thegear end.   I was planning on doing it until I found another one on ebay.  (that one has wear on the face in contact with the bull gear)

        With regards to the poly V belt setup, I have the magazine somewhere here.

        Guy

        Click to find information on your credit score and your credit report.

      • alvarotesser
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17 9:49 PM
          Oops, I think that I perhaps didn't make myself clear enough, what I do
          need is the counter shaft 4 step V belt pulley. I do have a head stock
          complete assembly but however thanks just the same and, I would be
          grateful should you be able to send me those drawings whenever it's
          convenient to you,

          Thanks,

          Al
          --- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "guycad@..." <guycad@...> wrote:

          > I am back home tonight.
          > I found the drawings, but i experience Windows Vista problems with
          them. I will have to revert to a XP machine in order to add quotations.
          > I have two V belt pulleys for the headstock. The one I will probably
          get rid of has wear on the pulleys, but doesn't cause any drive issues.
          The bore has probably 0.005 in wear. It would need to be re-bored and I
          believe an oilite slleve could bepres fit. This is easy at the bull
          gear end, but there is less than 1/16" play for theboe at thegear end.
          I was planning on doing it until I found another one on ebay. (that one
          has wear on the face in contact with the bull gear)
          > With regards to the poly V belt setup, I have the magazine somewhere
          here.
          > Guy
          > Click to find information on your credit score and your credit report.

          http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/Ioyw6i4txnwcectZjPTnKh1eJ\
          HfMvXbGbDuR7BOzLDENEldxkHTLJS/

        • Bob Wright
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18 9:20 AM
            Well after a long 16 hr day/night at work here are some rough leaning
            over my lathe measurements and i was wrong about the rear pulley
            being the same as the headstock pulley....Bob
            3.100 WIDE
            5.580
            5.250
            4.650
            4.050

            --- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "alvarotesser"

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 18 12:46 PM
              Hey Bob,

              Much obliged however, you really didn't have to do just today good
              friend! Next week, the week after that ( can you tell, I'm retired? LoL)
              it would have been just fine but regardless, you have my sincere
              appreciation. Next time I will remember to to stress the fact that there
              is no hurry

              Best regards and, once again many thanks! Should you ever need
              something from here, west coast, Roseville/Sacramento area please do not
              hesitate,

              Take care

              Al

              --- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Wright" <aametalmaster@...>