Re: [southbend10k] Fleet Maintenance facility???

  • guycad@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008

      I was using carbide inserts.

      I don't experience any difficulty using carbide inserts on my lathe,  I was running at around 800 rpm.

      Threading was done with high speed at the lowest back gear RPM, without problem.

      I had not done any stainless steel work for quite a while ago.

      I got an amazing surface finish on the work, better finish than I usually achieve on normal steel.

      (remember that most of my metal supply is from a scrap box and I don,t necessary know exactly what I am playing with)

      Thanks for the info.

      My last machining job was tool blocks for QCTP, block that I made with the natural rake angle for HSS cutters on the rocker type tool post.  So far it works great.

      My main project right now is re-scraping 2 straight edges.  Takes forever!

      Guy Cadrin

      Click to become a master chef, own a restaurant and make millions.