Gear Guard Question

  • kamracer1
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Got my 10k model A a few weeks ago and just noticed that the gear
      guard is out of alignment with the spindle and interferes with the
      collet closer. It looks like the stud was repaired by a previous user
      and is loose.

      The repair appears to have been performed as follows: A round aluminum
      bar was swaged into a 7/8" hole in the gear guard, then drilled off
      center to accept the stud. The stud was knurled and then pressed into
      the hole.

      I'd like to restore the pin system to original condition but I don't
      know how it was originally put together. I also have no idea if the
      7/8" hole in the guard is original. To add my confusion, I noticed a
      guard on ebay that has a thru-bolt with an eccentric for adjustment.
      Is this original or another modification? I would greatly appreciate
      it if someone could describe the original assembly and possibly post
      some pics.
      Thanks