New 10K

  • a4x6band
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2007
      Last night I bought a 10K lathe at an estate auction. It is still in
      several pieces so I haven't been able to run it yet. I believe it may
      have been a one owner lathe until last night. It has a half
      horsepower horizontal drive.

      I'm wondering if someone could tell me the age of this machine? The
      serial number is 3853KAR7. On the rear way at the tailstock end the
      number B400NK is stamped.

      Thanks
      Fergus
    • bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007
        Approx January- 1955--- In southbend10k@yahoogroups.com, "a4x6band"
        <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

        > Last night I bought a 10K lathe at an estate auction. It is still in
        > several pieces so I haven't been able to run it yet. I believe it may
        > have been a one owner lathe until last night. It has a half
        > horsepower horizontal drive.
        >
        > I'm wondering if someone could tell me the age of this machine? The
        > serial number is 3853KAR7. On the rear way at the tailstock end the
        > number B400NK is stamped.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Fergus

      • yahoogroups