      From: Earl White <ewew921@...>
      To: "Jim B." <btdtrf@...>
      Cc: "southbend10k@yahoogroups.com" <southbend10k@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [southbend10k] Metric threads on the 10K
      Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 18:39:34 -0800

      Jim B,

      � Thanks. I was afraid somebody would say that.� Out comes the mig welder and I will re do it tommorrow.

      At least the threads are external!

      Looks like the thread was wandering a bit.� I have the compound set on 60 degrees and that much seems to work fine.

      So even though I have the 127/100 transposing gears on play, it still does not have the same operation as you would with the english threading operations?� I will make a note of that.

      On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Jim B. <btdtrf@...> wrote:
      Yes! Do not open the half nuts once you start.

      You MIGHT be able to mount a DI on the ways on the back side if the saddle, set a references and always close �the half nuts at the same number at THAT reference but I have not tried it.