Re: [SoundDiver] SD 3.1 Beta 2 and the Matrix 6R adaptation

  • Les Lambert
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
      The Matrix uses patch 99 for all to and fro editing in real time, there's no accessible scratchpad preeset location like some other synths offer.
      The Xpander is the same, though I sold that last year to assist my quantised easing..

      If you've saved the original patch 99 before any editing, you can just squirt it back from the library page using the transmit command.
      I haven't found the program to be that obvious in its inner workings, and the official manual wasn't an easy read, but have usually found a work round that suits me well enough.
      I usually save a SoundDiver Library of all my work and exit the program and power down between any crucial work, as I lost a lot of stuff through the "Save" not actually saving until I closed the program.
      I may have reset that option, but it seems sometimes preferences auto-trash or something.
      Hard to say for sure, as once I get my desired result I go off elsewhere in my MIDI kingdom of nonsense.

      Your Logic key is Mac only I'd say, certainly there was no beta program available for PC at that time, I was watching closely.
      The adaptions from the Beta version will play havoc in your PC if you put them in by hand, like I did. Very messy.
      The 3.04 update was as far as the PC will go, but if you only have ver 2 of SoundDiver for pc, that's not much help unless you want to risk overwriting your adaptions with the later ones.

      It depends which synths you have.
      I needed the updated SoundDiver to get my Triton Rack to work with it, but still can't do much more than save and restore banks of 30 at a time without a freeze-up.
      Attempting to re-organise the patch locations is a pointless exercise, resulting in Motion synths called Wurli or B3.

      The Kurzweil adaption is very similar, neither the K200R or the K2500XS can be re-organised in SoundDiver either.
      Dependancies are probably too complex.

      For my purpose, being able to lift all the names for the paperwork is valuable, and knowing that a patch dump you did can be quizzed for content before you restore it to the synth.