Win -> Mac Library transfer?

  • koknbull2
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
      I have my libraries on Win PC, works just fine, I now have a Mac (OS9) onto which I've installed SoundDiver 3.0, all well so far. But how do I transfer my Win libs to Mac?

      I have tired ftp the files from Win->Server->Mac but the Mac doesn't recognise them other than plain text files. So my question is probably more how to use a Mac than a SD question. Any clues?
    • Colin Shapiro
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
        Long time since I used OS9 but here goes....

        Old Mac OS libraries had the extension .lib so you could check this first.

        Simply having the extension may not work as you will probably have to set the file type and creator. You could look for an old OS9 app called FileTyper which will help you set these.

        The File Type for SoundDiver Libraries is: EM9F
        The Creator should be: EMA6

        After setting these, the files should work.

        Regards
        Colin

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
          WOW! holy cow that worked!! Thanks Colin.