Re: Alesis Fusion 6HD/8HD

  • fish2fish21227
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26 7:51 AM
      --- In sounddiver-users@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <zoanne1uk@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > Does anyone have an adaption for the Alesis Fusion 6HD/8HD, and is
      there
      > much difference between 3.5 and 3.5.2?
      >
      > Richard

      The Alesis Fusion has NO sysex implementation for remote patch
      manipulation. Any sound editing has to be done on the Fusion
      keyboard itself. However, you can move your data around on the
      Fusion hard drive through a USB connection to your PC using
      the "Fusion Sort" utility. You can also import samples into your
      Fusion via USB using the "Fusion Convert" utility. You can also save
      and load samples and sample programs using a compact flash card. In
      addition, you can upload any new OS updates via a flash card.

      I think you can use the "Fusion Sort" utility to back up the Fusion
      hard drive data through USB to your PC. You can also back up data
      using the flash card (up to the storage capacity of the card). If you
      have a flash card reader, you can move Fusion files directly onto
      your PC hard drive.

      Fish
    • SergioMMMS
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27 5:56 AM
        > The Alesis Fusion has NO sysex implementation for remote patch
        > manipulation. Any sound editing has to be done on the Fusion
        > keyboard itself. However, you can move your data around on the
        > Fusion hard drive through a USB connection to your PC using
        > the "Fusion Sort" utility. You can also import samples into your
        > Fusion via USB using the "Fusion Convert" utility. You can also save
        > and load samples and sample programs using a compact flash card. In
        > addition, you can upload any new OS updates via a flash card.
        >
        > I think you can use the "Fusion Sort" utility to back up the Fusion
        > hard drive data through USB to your PC. You can also back up data
        > using the flash card (up to the storage capacity of the card). If you
        > have a flash card reader, you can move Fusion files directly onto
        > your PC hard drive.
        >
        > Fish

        Hi all
        Actually, you can backup the Fusion hard drive contents directly to
        your pc through usb, not needing any additional software. Although
        "Fusion Sort" is pretty cool to manage your presets.
        Both Alesis and the Alesis Fusion Zone unofficial support site have
        detailed info/how-tos on that subject.
        Just my two cents (more like one or half :))

        sergiommms