Alesis Fusion 6HD/8HD

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2008
      Hi all

      Does anyone have an adaption for the Alesis Fusion 6HD/8HD, and is there
      much difference between 3.5 and 3.5.2?

      Richard
    • fish2fish21227
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2008
        --- In sounddiver-users@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <zoanne1uk@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Does anyone have an adaption for the Alesis Fusion 6HD/8HD, and is
        there
        > much difference between 3.5 and 3.5.2?
        >
        > Richard

        The Alesis Fusion has NO sysex implementation for remote patch
        manipulation. Any sound editing has to be done on the Fusion
        keyboard itself. However, you can move your data around on the
        Fusion hard drive through a USB connection to your PC using
        the "Fusion Sort" utility. You can also import samples into your
        Fusion via USB using the "Fusion Convert" utility. You can also save
        and load samples and sample programs using a compact flash card. In
        addition, you can upload any new OS updates via a flash card.

        I think you can use the "Fusion Sort" utility to back up the Fusion
        hard drive data through USB to your PC. You can also back up data
        using the flash card (up to the storage capacity of the card). If you
        have a flash card reader, you can move Fusion files directly onto
        your PC hard drive.

        Fish
      • SergioMMMS
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2008
          > The Alesis Fusion has NO sysex implementation for remote patch
          > manipulation. Any sound editing has to be done on the Fusion
          > keyboard itself. However, you can move your data around on the
          > Fusion hard drive through a USB connection to your PC using
          > the "Fusion Sort" utility. You can also import samples into your
          > Fusion via USB using the "Fusion Convert" utility. You can also save
          > and load samples and sample programs using a compact flash card. In
          > addition, you can upload any new OS updates via a flash card.
          >
          > I think you can use the "Fusion Sort" utility to back up the Fusion
          > hard drive data through USB to your PC. You can also back up data
          > using the flash card (up to the storage capacity of the card). If you
          > have a flash card reader, you can move Fusion files directly onto
          > your PC hard drive.
          >
          > Fish

          Hi all
          Actually, you can backup the Fusion hard drive contents directly to
          your pc through usb, not needing any additional software. Although
          "Fusion Sort" is pretty cool to manage your presets.
          Both Alesis and the Alesis Fusion Zone unofficial support site have
          detailed info/how-tos on that subject.
          Just my two cents (more like one or half :))

          sergiommms