Re: [SoundDiver] SoundDiver Upgrade Question...

  • draven
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31 2:28 PM
      Hello,

      Thanks for all the quick reponses. I think I found most of the the
      updates contained in a .zip file, but alas, there were no
      application update files. http://www.emagic.de/ takes me directly
      to Apple's site, and whaddaya know, there's no support there for the
      PC version. So I guess I'll just be stuck with the "old" version.
      But I *really* appreciate your help, and I'll keep lurking here to
      possibly find a solution to upgrade my orphaned software sometime in
      the future...

      --- In sounddiver-users@yahoogroups.com, Andy Hardwake
      <andyhardwake@m...> wrote:
      > Oops, should read:
      >
      > >> and if the answer is "yes" how is that accomplished since the
      > >> software is no longer manufactured?
      > >
      > > DL all the updates from
      >
      > http://www.emagic.de/
      >
      > > then drag the files from the "diver" folder to the respective
      folder
      > > inside your application folder then drag the app itself, then do
      the
      > > same with 3.0.5.1 and 3.0.5.2 updates.
      > >
      > > HTH.
      > >
      > > Andy

    • Andy Hardwake
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
        On Mar 31, 2005, at 2:28 PM, draven wrote:

        > I think I found most of the the
        > updates contained in a .zip file, but alas, there were no
        > application update files.

        Which archive?

        > http://www.emagic.de/ takes me directly
        > to Apple's site,

        Try
        http://www.emagic.de/support/download/sounddiverW.php?lang=EN

        then DL 3.0.5, 3.0.5.1 and 3.0.5.2 then update as described in my

        Best,

        Andy
      • draven
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
          Hello Andy,

          That link did the trick. Thanks for the extra effort - I would
          never have found it!

          <andyhardwake@m...> wrote:

          > On Mar 31, 2005, at 2:28 PM, draven wrote:
          >
          > > I think I found most of the the
          > > updates contained in a .zip file, but alas, there were no
          > > application update files.
          >
          > Which archive?
          >
          > > http://www.emagic.de/ takes me directly
          > > to Apple's site,
          >
          > Try
          > http://www.emagic.de/support/download/sounddiverW.php?lang=EN
          >
          > then DL 3.0.5, 3.0.5.1 and 3.0.5.2 then update as described in my
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Andy
        • John Gray
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2005
            Does anyone know how to set up logic so that when you start up with your
            own template it will transmit sysex to switch a roland tr909 our of omni
            mode and set the send and recieve channel to 11, and if possible to turn
            the tempo mode to external sync? I have tried to look into the sysex
            codes for the 909 but cant seem to find much out there, sound diver
            didnt reveal much either.

            Thanks in advance.

            John
          • Urs Grossenbacher
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
              Hi John!

              I don't know the sysex implementation of the TR 909 - but I had a similar problem
              switching local on/off on my Yamaha SY 99 and switching between sound/multi on my
              Waldorf Wave XT II. Things which only can be done remotely by sending sysex data from
              Logic.
              I just recorded the sysex data sent by the synths making that very action (e.g. switching
              local on to off and to on again) in Logic and compared it to the sysex implementation chart
              to know surely what message means on and what message off. Since then I just send the
              corresponding sysex data at the beginning of a song.
              Bear in mind that older machines sometimes use non registered controller numbers to
              achieve some actions - at the beginning of MIDI sysex was only rarely used. On http://
              www.vintagesynth.org/manuals/roltr909/indexfr.html I didn't find any hints on sysex
              implementation.

              Greets