MKS-70 Request Banks

  • matheusaleh
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I am rooky with this, runnig Win XP & SD with MKS-70 adaptation. My
      MK-70 has latest chips 1.08. I read the readme file for SD 2.1 and
      see
      "° MKS-70 Adaptation:
      ° Bank send/receive fixed
      ° additional parameters on patch implemented + look improved
      ° some tones parameters fixed as had wrong sysex
      ° Pitch bend 12 semitones added (a button that overrides any other
      choice)
      ° Key modes xfade, tvoice added. (added as second listbox to
      select these 2 options)
      Thanks to Brendan Kelly."

      Yet when I read emagic on-line they indicate Request does not work.

      When I run SD 3.0.5, if I select all banks, and edit->request, I get
      a message
      "some entries can not be requested. Try and initiate a dump"

      When I do a dump from the MKS-70, it does not load ??? Help!

      So what's the story is the README wrong, send/receive Bank does not
      work? How does one suck the data from the MKS-70 into SD ???

      Thanx in Advance,
      RS
    • bronswerk
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        Hi Robert,

        sending a dump from the MKS-70 to SD does work over here. All
        patches and tones are filled in SD. Request however doesn't work,
        because the MKS-70 doesn't support this kind of message. Do you
        receive data in the Midi monitor window? Is the input port set
        correctly? Is SD the only midiprogram acive?

        Running here with Windows XP, SD 3.0.5, AMT8. My MKS-70 is also
        version 1.08.

        Greetings, Bert Keizer.

        --- In sounddiver-users@yahoogroups.com, "matheusaleh"
        <robert.shaw@t...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am rooky with this, runnig Win XP & SD with MKS-70 adaptation.
        My
        > MK-70 has latest chips 1.08. I read the readme file for SD 2.1 and
        > see
        > "° MKS-70 Adaptation:
        > ° Bank send/receive fixed
        > ° additional parameters on patch implemented + look improved
        > ° some tones parameters fixed as had wrong sysex
        > ° Pitch bend 12 semitones added (a button that overrides any
        other
        > choice)
        > ° Key modes xfade, tvoice added. (added as second listbox to
        > select these 2 options)
        > Thanks to Brendan Kelly."
        >
        > Yet when I read emagic on-line they indicate Request does not work.
        >
        > When I run SD 3.0.5, if I select all banks, and edit->request, I
        get
        > a message
        > "some entries can not be requested. Try and initiate a dump"
        >
        > When I do a dump from the MKS-70, it does not load ??? Help!
        >
        > So what's the story is the README wrong, send/receive Bank does
        not
        > work? How does one suck the data from the MKS-70 into SD ???
        >
        > Thanx in Advance,
        > RS
      • matheusaleh
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
          --- In sounddiver-users@yahoogroups.com, "bronswerk" > sending a
          dump from the MKS-70 to SD does work over here.

          Hi,
          I got it to work here as well. My follow-up question is, that it
          only recieves 100 tones (50 internal + 50 fixed). How does one edit
          the 50 tones from the memory cartridge ???

          And I could not help but notice at the Super JX /MKS-70 Supersite
          "http://members.iquest.net/~twilight/patches.html"
          that there are MKS-70 patches. Does anyone have these saved into an
          SoundDiver library ??? (Just being a player, and trying my best not
          to work too hard)

          Regards,
          RS
        • Michael Haydn
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
            Am 05.11.2003 um 03:14 schrieb matheusaleh:

            > I got it to work here as well. My follow-up question is, that it
            > only recieves 100 tones (50 internal + 50 fixed). How does one edit
            > the 50 tones from the memory cartridge ???

            You can't. The MKS-70 does not support the Cartridge with SysEx.

            Beste Gruesse - best regards,
            Michael Haydn
            Dipl.-Inform. Univ. Michael Haydn mhaydn@...
            SoundDiver Group Executive http://www.emagic.de/
            Logic Developer (Control Surface Integration)
            Emagic Soft- & Hardware GmbH - Germany Phone: +49 4101 495 0
            Halstenbeker Weg 96, 25462 Rellingen Fax : +49 4101 495 199