Re: [SoundDiver] help networking 2 unitors

  • Gareth Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 3:41 AM
      At 11:04 AM +0200 30/4/03, Cyril Blanc wrote:
      >I have networked on a Stealth a Studio 4 and a Midi Time Piece I !
      >I have also an AMT 8 on USB !

      i am working now - i was using the wrong type of cable!!

      ie i was using the oblong cable instead of the round one!

      >On 29/04/03 23:15, "Janne Anderson" <janderson@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Interesting,
      >>
      >> So, we need to make new cableruns to run OSX on the same
      >> interfaces with USB...weird..
      >> ...and now you need different cabling under OS9/X to do the same thing..
      >>
      >> Is that officially supported?
      >> Where did you get that info?
      >> On Emagic website or just testing?
      >>
      >> HAve you succesfully done that under OSX with the standard
      >> Emagic OSX driver?
      >>
      >> regards
      >> Janne A.
      >>
      >> g@... writes:
      >>> i have networked under OS9 with 1st unitor on stealth port
      >>>
      >>> (uses RS 232)
      >>>
      >>> now i have realised that with the first unitor on USB i must use RS 422
      >>> cable
      >>>
      >>> thanks for your interest!
      >
      >Thanks in advance.
      >
      >Best regards
      >
      >Cyril Blanc
      >France
      >
      >If you want to be sure I read your answer leave my name in it !
      >Spam mails are directly going to trash

      Best Regards,
      Gareth Jones

      http://www.garethjones.com
    • H.Deschler
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 12:43 AM
        Hi,

        my setup includes 3 unitors
        the first unitor is on usb in the machine room
        the second is networked with a 25 meter RS cable int the controlroom,
        the third with a Com Port Cable.
        My system runs under MacOs 9.2.2
        No Problems so far.

        regards

        H. Deschler

        *** Housework Sound Design - Stockholm - SWEDEN ***
        ***** http://www.housework.se/ *****
      • Janne Anderson
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13 9:52 AM
          So we made new cat5 cables..
          and starting on USB under OSX and going over a 15m run
          over cat5 with special cables seems to work for us...great..!!
          and yes, it was in the ol' manual...should've RTFM...;-)
          RS 4222 shares with >USB

          kind regards
          Janne A.