Rob and Mike's Excellent Newport Adventure

  • Mike Tamborrino
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      OK, so you're thrilled beyond belief that the September newsletter is out
      and that there are all these cool rides in the next 30 days. Who could
      possibly think that summer fun ends on Labor Day? Not us, right! In fact,
      the very next weekend brings the 2nd annual day trip to beautiful, scenic,
      Newport, RI on 9/10. After Labor Day, the crowds diminish, making for fun
      riding through town, around the coast and on streets lined by mansions.
      This year, to accomodate you sleepy-heads, we've moved everything back an
      hour.

      I know we're not allowed to sell anything on @chat.........but can I sell my
      own ride? :)

      Mike
    • drewster333@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
        Has there been any discussion about donating the leftovers from this years Fall Harvest ride to the Hurricane Relief fund (American Red Cross)?

        I am only asking because I happened to work the far food stop (Rte 53 and Valley Forge Rd) at this years Bloomin Metric and there was quite a bit of leftovers - particularly water, bread, peanut butter, and jelly. While listening to the radio this morning, they were mentioning basic essentials are in real need (water and snacks).

        Drew

      • Carl Kulo
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
          Because of how these relief operations are set up, they are not well equipped to receive food and materials. They much prefer that people donate money so that they can get what they need, when they need it. But your idea is good, and perhaps this extra food could be brought to a local "soup kitchen".

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
            Drew:

            Wonderful idea. I have passed you email onto Chris and Emil who are the Chairs of the Harvest rides to review and determine the feasibility of this suggestion.

            Regards,

            John G. Sohikian <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

            Director of Technology Services
            Strategic Alliance Services
            Omnicom Group Inc.

            437 Madison Ave.

            New York, NY 10022
            (212) 415-3639
            john.sohikian@...

[...]

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            _____

            This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee, or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. All contents are the copyright property of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are nevertheless bound to respect the sender's worldwide legal rights. We require that unintended recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic copies in their system, retaining no copies in any media. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk at (212) 415-3055, or e-mail to helpdesk@.... We appreciate your cooperation.

          • John Sohikian

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
                Folks I can tell you that outside of club activities, I sit on a Commission
                with a gent from AmeriCares. He mentioned, that as with Tsunami relief, the
                best things for people in devastated areas in the USA is not left over food
                which has a very limited life anyway, but gift cards (Home Depot, Walmart come to
                mind) or the hard goods themselves.

                Thanks for your thoughts and I always appreciate any charitable concerns. The
                more we can do for those in need the better we all will be.

                Regards,

                Emil Albanese
                Co-Chair Harvest Rides

              • John Sohikian