NOrwalk Harbor Loop

  • Ray Rauth
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 1:00 PM

      All,

      Norwalk almost has a Harbor Loop Trail. There is very little left to be done. Check it out here:

      http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=214668907871973447680.000497dbb97b94f5aa4cb&ll=41.109076,-73.41353&spn=0.020363,0.009977&source=embed

      Let me know your thoughts…

      Regards

      Ray Rauth

    • Joseph McKenna
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 4:50 PM
        I have included parts of this route in my comute from work in Norwalk to home in Stamford. I haven't had a flat yet there can be a lot of glass. I also include going over the I 95 bridge too. I do find better views of the "urban" harbor using, Butler ST to Harbor Ave to Commerce St. I like to call it my Urban Assualt route.Thanks for the map I will be sure to check out the parts I did not know about.
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4 11:59 AM
          Hi!

          I also commute from Norwalk to Stamford and use parts of the 'Harbor
          Loop' Route as well. In the morning I take the Post Road to the Cove
          Beach area. I leave around 6 a.m., so I find that is the most direct
          route without a lot of cars. They recently finished the bike path
          beginning at the Stamford Train station, so I'm excited to use that as
          well this year.

          Which do you find is the best route for going home? I have a few
          different routes, but the one I do most is back roads through Darien and
          Rowayton. Any other suggestions?

          --- In soundcyclists@yahoogroups.com, Joseph McKenna <jacmck@...> wrote:

          > I have included parts of this route in my comute from work in Norwalk
          to home in Stamford. I haven't had a flat yet there can be a lot of
          glass. I also include going over the I 95 bridge too. I do find better
          views of the "urban" harbor using, Butler ST to Harbor Ave to Commerce
          St. I like to call it my Urban Assualt route.Thanks for the map I will
          be sure to check out the parts I did not know about.

        • Ray Rauth
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4 1:25 PM

            You might consider following the as yet unmarked <alas> East Coast Greenway. From the Stamford Train Station take Washington , Henry, Pacific, Manhattan , Dock/Jefferson, Elm, Cove, Weed, Boston Post, Old Kings, Locust Hill then Route 136 the resst of the way.

            Ray

            I also commute from Norwalk to Stamford and use parts of the 'Harbor
            Loop' Route as well. In the morning I take the Post Road to the Cove
            Beach area. I leave around 6 a.m., so I find that is the most direct
            route without a lot of cars. They recently finished the bike path
            beginning at the Stamford Train station, so I'm excited to use that as
            well this year.

            Which do you find is the best route for going home? I have a few
            different routes, but the one I do most is back roads through Darien and
            Rowayton. Any other suggestions?

            --- In soundcyclists@yahoogroups.com, Joseph McKenna <jacmck@...> wrote:

            > I have included parts of this route in my comute from work in
            w:st="on"> Norwalk
            to home in Stamford . I haven't had a flat yet there can be a lot of
            glass. I also include going over the I 95 bridge too. I do find better
            views of the "urban" harbor using, Butler ST to Harbor Ave to Commerce
            St. I like to call it my Urban Assualt route.Thanks for the map I will
            be sure to check out the parts I did not know about.
            w:st="on">Harbor Loop

            > All,
            >

            > Norwalk
            almost has a Harbor Loop Trail. There is very little left to
            be done. Check it out here:

            http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=2146689078719734\
            47680.000497dbb97b94f5aa4cb&ll=41.109076,-73.41353&spn=0.020363,0.009977\
            &source=embed

            > Let me know your thoughts.
            >

            > Regards
            >

            > Ray Rauth

          • Loni French
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4 2:16 PM

              Hi Ray,

              That is the exact route that I take home!

              Sometimes I take MLK, Jr. Blvd. instead of Route 136 depending on which way I’m headed into SoNo.  Good to know that I’m using the East Coast Greenway even though it’s not marked.  =)

              Thanks,

              Loni