Just found the group

  • ike Forty-two
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 2:38 PM
      Hello sos group,

      I have tried to Google information about this sensation several times before, but today I finally found the "WEIRD SENSATION FEELS GOOD" thread on steadyhealth.com which led me here. I was starting to think I was the only person who ever gets this feeling.

      Does this Yahoo group have an agreed-upon working title for the sensation? I didn't like any of the terms in the above thread. I would prefer that the term not contain a reference to orgasm; I think it's significantly different than that. I would say it's more like "the chills" than an orgasm.

      Some people talked about getting the sensation when people are focussed on them, but I have never gotten it when I feel focussed on -- it's always when I'm a disengaged observer. Here are two occasions I remember:

      1. 7th grade biology teacher copying notes off a piece of paper onto the chalkboard while the class was taking a quiz. I finished the quiz early and was just watching the teacher write.

      2. Just now, a woman who does light house cleaning was moving around the house dusting and vacuuming while I was sitting in the office working on the computer.

      I haven't tried the videos people posted on steadyhealth.com, but I will. I don't recall ever getting it from recordings or over the phone -- it's always been from live stimuli.

      I have never heard anyone else talk about this, so it seems like it must be a rare phenomenon. There is only one other unusual phenomenon that I experience, so I wonder if it's related: photic sneeze reflex. That means I often sneeze when I walk out of dim light into bright sunlight. Anyone else have that? This has also been named "Autosomal dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst syndrome" (ACHOO syndrome -- ha ha ha).

      I'll post my answers to the questions in the database in a separate message.

      ike
    • brandedmusic66
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 8:27 PM
        hello ike!!! i dont think we need to really focus on a name. or names. if thats fine. i mean. if you wanna pull something together be my guest just suggest whatever to me and ill change it. [= NOW!

        WOW!! sneezing huh?. this is odd becuz i sneeze ALOT when i get out into the sun or brighter lighted areas in general. how could this be related??

        i have been getting involved with my community lately, im a singer song writer. and i notice i have been getting this feeling a lot more now that i have ppl noticing my presence. it feels great. cant wait to hear more of what you have to say. TTYL! ryan

        --- In sos_08@yahoogroups.com, "ike Forty-two" <ike42@...> wrote:

        > Hello sos group,
        >
        > I have tried to Google information about this sensation several times before, but today I finally found the "WEIRD SENSATION FEELS GOOD" thread on steadyhealth.com which led me here. I was starting to think I was the only person who ever gets this feeling.
        >
        > Does this Yahoo group have an agreed-upon working title for the sensation? I didn't like any of the terms in the above thread. I would prefer that the term not contain a reference to orgasm; I think it's significantly different than that. I would say it's more like "the chills" than an orgasm.
        >
        > Some people talked about getting the sensation when people are focussed on them, but I have never gotten it when I feel focussed on -- it's always when I'm a disengaged observer. Here are two occasions I remember:
        >
        > 1. 7th grade biology teacher copying notes off a piece of paper onto the chalkboard while the class was taking a quiz. I finished the quiz early and was just watching the teacher write.
        >
        > 2. Just now, a woman who does light house cleaning was moving around the house dusting and vacuuming while I was sitting in the office working on the computer.
        >
        > I haven't tried the videos people posted on steadyhealth.com, but I will. I don't recall ever getting it from recordings or over the phone -- it's always been from live stimuli.
        >
        > I have never heard anyone else talk about this, so it seems like it must be a rare phenomenon. There is only one other unusual phenomenon that I experience, so I wonder if it's related: photic sneeze reflex. That means I often sneeze when I walk out of dim light into bright sunlight. Anyone else have that? This has also been named "Autosomal dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst syndrome" (ACHOO syndrome -- ha ha ha).
        >
        > I'll post my answers to the questions in the database in a separate message.
        >

        > ike

      • Bob Speakman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2009
          I keep forgetting to check the group page! I haven't been on here forever.

          I hadn't had anything trigger in awhile... until just the other day. Some guy was putting in a new light fixture. So odd.

          Names... yeah, I agree it isn't like an orgasm at all... Its wonderful in a completely different way.

          Its a tingle... a sensation...

          Something along the lines of Cerebral Sensation Disorder... Is it a disorder though? Its certainly not a bad thing!