Sopwith Code Support

  • David L. Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2000
      Hello folks:

      I have already begun to take emails requesting assistance with the
      compilation of the Sopwith code place on sopwith.org. Although I would
      like to have the time to help everyone with its recompilation, I simply
      don't have the time. If I can, I would like to ask that emails directed to
      me concerning the code be restricted to the higher level "Why did you do it
      this way", rather than the more "nuts and bolts" type questions (i.e. The
      source won't compile under Frisbot C++, what's wrong?). If you really hit
      a roadblock with a particular piece of the code, I will help if I can, but
      please be very specific as to what the problem is (specific lines of codes,
      error messages, etc). If anyone else wants to become a Sopwith porting
      expert, and is able to handle the support calls involved, my best wishes to
      that person.

      The code is written to compile under Microsoft C V6.0 (for DOS) and
      Microsoft Assembler V5.1 (for DOS). I'm truly sorry, but I do not have the
      time to assist in porting it to any other compilers. Please be aware:
      there is a known problem with the compilation of one module (swnetio.c),
      which results from starting a cleanup of the Imaginet network I/O routines,
      and never finishing. I will be cleaning this up in the next while, and
      will re-issue a version of the source which will compile cleanly under the
      above C V6.0 and Assembler V5.1 compilers.

      I would ask that all questions concerning the code be sent to the Sopwith
      development eGroup, rather than to me directly. In that way, the greater
      number of people can contribute to and learn from the answers.

      I hope I'm not coming across too heavy here. I thoroughly encourage what
      folks are doing with Sopwith. Time permitting, I will attempt to answer
      every eMail regarding Sopwith. Please be patient, as Sopwith has become an
      unexpected addition to an already busy schedule.

      Thanks for you consideration
      Dave Clark