Re: doll order?

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 11, 2007
      Ashley,

      I bought from koreaexpress on ebay. Are they the one you were thinking
      of? They're the only ebayers selling these dolls that I could find so far.

      I totally forgot about posting pics of my doll! Great idea! She stands
      on my art/sewing table and I enjoy looking at her whenever I go in my
      art room. Now and then I change her pose.

      Kim

      --- In sonokongdolls@yahoogroups.com, "Ashley" <bebedolls88@...> wrote:

      > Hi Kim,
      > I'm glad you found your doll! Please share photos of your dolls if
      > you ever have time. It gives me a lot of pleasure viewing my Hanbok
      > dolls in my cabinet. There are some that are discontinued now, and
      > I'm glad I was able to buy them at the time I did before. They're
      > locked up behind glass right now, but I'm sure my daughter too will
      > appreciate them when she's pass the age of chewing and pulling apart
      > dolls..lol.
      >
      > ~Ashley.
      >
      > --- In sonokongdolls@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <tufftope@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ashley,
      > >
      > > Yay, I found an ebayer that sells the dolls and bought one. Thanks!
      > > It's beautiful and I'm planning to get another for my daughter.
      > >
      > > Alright, a new home! That can be fun and stressful. We're in the
      > > process too. Enjoy your new place!
      > >
      > > Kim
      > >

      > > --- In sonokongdolls@yahoogroups.com, "Ashley" <bebedolls88@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Kim,
      > > > Sorry for the late response. I've been busy moving to a new
      > location,
      > > > only 5 min away from my old apt., but much nicer. Anyway, I
      > will not
      > > > be making any doll orders to Sonokong for a whie,..maybe for a
      > very
      > > > long time, but I have see someone on ebay from Korea, selling
      > > > dollskorea.com dolls. I can look for the link for you if you
      > want. I
      > > > think it was under a search for Korean dolls.
      > > >
      > > > ~Ashley.

      > just
      > > > saw
      > Ji Lee

    • Terri Loria
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 12, 2007
        Thanks!!  I'm going to have a look!

        Terri

        Kim <tufftope@...> wrote:
        Hi Terri,

        The ebayer I found is koreaexpress. They have a variety of different
        yun-ji dolls. The shipping is a bit expensive I think, but considering
        I've not been able to find any other ebayers selling these dolls...Not
        much choice. Hopefully they have the ones you're looking for!

        Kim

        --- In sonokongdolls@ yahoogroups. com, Terri Loria <ampmom@...> wrote:

        > Kim
        >
        > Do you mind if I ask what that ebayer's id was? I can't find
        anything but barbie dolls. There's one or two new ones I'd love to
        add to my set myself, in case she might have them.

        > Thanks!
        >
        > Terri
        >
        > Ashley <bebedolls88@ ...> wrote:
        > Hi Kim,
        > I'm glad you found your doll! Please share photos of your dolls if
        > you ever have time. It gives me a lot of pleasure viewing my Hanbok
        > dolls in my cabinet. There are some that are discontinued now, and
        > I'm glad I was able to buy them at the time I did before. They're
        > locked up behind glass right now, but I'm sure my daughter too will
        > appreciate them when she's pass the age of chewing and pulling apart
        > dolls..lol.
        >
        > ~Ashley.
        >
        > --- In sonokongdolls@ yahoogroups. com, "Kim" <tufftope@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Ashley,
        > >
        > > Yay, I found an ebayer that sells the dolls and bought one. Thanks!
        > > It's beautiful and I'm planning to get another for my daughter.
        > >
        > > Alright, a new home! That can be fun and stressful. We're in the
        > > process too. Enjoy your new place!
        > >
        > > Kim
        > >

        > > --- In sonokongdolls@ yahoogroups. com, "Ashley" <bebedolls88@ >
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Kim,
        > > > Sorry for the late response. I've been busy moving to a new
        > location,
        > > > only 5 min away from my old apt., but much nicer. Anyway, I
        > will not
        > > > be making any doll orders to Sonokong for a whie,..maybe for a
        > very
        > > > long time, but I have see someone on ebay from Korea, selling
        > > > dollskorea.com dolls. I can look for the link for you if you
        > want. I
        > > > think it was under a search for Korean dolls.
        > > >
        > > > ~Ashley.

        > just
        > > > saw
        > Ji Lee

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Need Mail bonding?

        Never miss an email again!
        Yahoo! Toolbar

      • Kim
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 13, 2007
          No problem. Do they have the dolls you're wanting?

        • Terri Loria
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 13, 2007
            Yes!  I got the one already and am trying to decide on whether to go ahead and get another one or way till later.  It's so enticing to save on half the shipping, but then I'm still spending twice as much.  She seems to have all the new ones and she's very polite and friendly

            Terri

            Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 15, 2007
              Hi Kim,
              My internet server's been down for 3 days, and I had to call to get
              some kind of a code to get it working again. Finally, it works! I
              looked up Korean dolls on ebay, and I found one ebayer selling out
              of Korea under ebay stores. Which doll did you get? I thought the
              new Hwang jinny dolls are pretty.

            • Kim
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 16, 2007
                Ashley,

                Glad to see you're back online! ;)

                I got one of the new ones, "Flower". (Take a look at the pictures I
                finally put up.) They had the modern wedding one for a short bit, and
                I was thinking of buying one, but I've not seen them put one back up
                for sale.

              • Kim
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 16, 2007
                  Were you able to decide what to do? What ones are you getting? It's
                  tough choosing just one, isn't it.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 20, 2007
                    I ended up deciding that to save money on shipping was ultimately better (and I really wanted the wedding dress doll!), so I got both!  The one was the new doll that has her hair up with a jeweled holder on top of her head, and her skirt is pleated.  I'll have to post pics as I forget what she's called!  The other one was the wedding gown doll - with all that embroidery.  I have an emporer and empress that are in the middle of my setting, so I don't really know where this one will fit in, but I just loved her outfit!

                    Kim <tufftope@...> wrote:
                    Were you able to decide what to do? What ones are you getting? It's
                    tough choosing just one, isn't it.

                    Kim

                    --- In sonokongdolls@ yahoogroups. com, Terri Loria <ampmom@...> wrote:

                    > Yes! I got the one already and am trying to decide on whether to go
                    ahead and get another one or way till later. It's so enticing to save
                    on half the shipping, but then I'm still spending twice as much. She
                    seems to have all the new ones and she's very polite and friendly

                    > Terri
                    >
                    > Kim <tufftope@.. .> wrote:
                    > No problem. Do they have the dolls you're wanting?
                    >
                    > Kim
                    >
                    > --- In sonokongdolls@ yahoogroups. com, Terri Loria <ampmom@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!! I'm going to have a look!
                    > >
                    > > Terri
                    > >
                    > > Kim <tufftope@> wrote:
                    > > Hi Terri,
                    > >
                    > > The ebayer I found is koreaexpress. They have a variety of different
                    > > yun-ji dolls. The shipping is a bit expensive I think, but considering
                    > > I've not been able to find any other ebayers selling these dolls...Not
                    > > much choice. Hopefully they have the ones you're looking for!
                    > >
                    > > Kim
                    > >
                    > > --- In sonokongdolls@ yahoogroups. com, Terri Loria <ampmom@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Kim
                    > > >
                    > > > Do you mind if I ask what that ebayer's id was? I can't find
                    > > anything but barbie dolls. There's one or two new ones I'd love to
                    > > add to my set myself, in case she might have them.
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks!
                    > > >
                    > > > Terri
                    > > >
                    > > > Ashley <bebedolls88@ > wrote:
                    > > > Hi Kim,
                    > > > I'm glad you found your doll! Please share photos of your dolls if
                    > > > you ever have time. It gives me a lot of pleasure viewing my Hanbok
                    > > > dolls in my cabinet. There are some that are discontinued now, and
                    > > > I'm glad I was able to buy them at the time I did before. They're
                    > > > locked up behind glass right now, but I'm sure my daughter too will
                    > > > appreciate them when she's pass the age of chewing and pulling
                    apart
                    > > > dolls..lol.
                    > > >
                    > > > ~Ashley.

                    Thanks!

                    > > > location,
                    > > > will not
                    > > > very
                    > > > want. I

                    > > > just
                    > > > Ji Lee

                    > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    > > > Need Mail bonding?
                    > > > Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.
                    > > >

                    > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    > > Never miss an email again!
                    > > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

                    > Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                    Terri

                    Got Bird???

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 22, 2007
                      Oh exciting! I was hoping they'd carry the modern version of the
                      wedding hanbok again but I've yet to see them relist it. I'll have to
                      ask them. The two dolls you picked are beautiful. I'm trying to decide
                      what my next one will be.