Re: Shipments finally arrived!

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2006
      Hi Susan,
      Well, I'm just glad that situation is over! I had my parents come
      to our place to help with packages and baby, so I was able to take
      care of most orders yesterday, and shipped out via priority mail. I
      will definately ask them to use FedEx next time. I think it may be
      easier on them to use their DHL house account or something, because
      they didn't want to use FedEx before either, and actually, DHL has
      been most expensive to ship as far as I've had to deal with them.
      Shipping cost from Korea to US was $615! That's not even including
      custom duty, and I havne't got that invoice yet. It may be because
      the gas price has gone up?? ANyway, it may be better for me to take
      a round trip vacation to Korea for $900 plane fair, enjoy sight
      seeing, and bring the doll goods over on my way back! I may just do
      that when Gwenyth's a bit older.

      ~Ashley.
      http://www.gardenofdolls.com

      > Ashley -- you should definitely let Sonokong know,
      > in the strongest possible terms how unhappy you are
      > with DHL
      >
      > Maybe you can get them to switch back.
      >
      > We had a terrible problem at work -- but it was so long
      > ago I wasn't going to mention it. My boss was attending
      > a conference in Barcelona, and it was imperative that the
      > conference materials (big screens and things for a booth)
      > arrive in time. Of course they didn't. We blamed the
      > Spanish agent, but maybe it was just DHL all along!
      >
      > At least the dollies are here, can't wait!
      >
      > (and how is the baby girl doing?)
      >
      > Susan
      >

      > --
      > Susan Fatemi
      > --
      > Oh Noh! Kimonos!
      > susanf@...
      > http://susanf.netwiz.net

    • Sharon Wilde
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29, 2006
        Ashley when you go to Korea can I come?  I'd love to see the factory and the country.  If you bring baby with an extra pair of hands are always a plus. Sharon
        Well, I'm just glad that situation is over!  I had my parents come
        to our place to help with packages and baby, so I was able to take
        care of most orders yesterday, and shipped out via priority mail.  I
        will definately ask them to use FedEx next time.  I think it may be
        easier on them to use their DHL house account or something, because
        they didn't want to use FedEx before either, and actually, DHL has
        been most expensive to ship as far as I've had to deal with them.
        Shipping cost from Korea to US was $615! That's not even including
        custom duty, and I havne't got that invoice yet.  It may be because
        the gas price has gone up??  ANyway, it may be better for me to take
        a round trip vacation to Korea for $900 plane fair, enjoy sight
        seeing, and bring the doll goods over on my way back!  I may just do
        that when Gwenyth's a bit older.

        ~Ashley.
        http://www.gardenofdolls.com

        > Ashley -- you should definitely let Sonokong know,
        > in the strongest possible terms how unhappy you are
        > with DHL
        >
        > Maybe you can get them to switch back.
        >
        > We had a terrible problem at work -- but it was so long
        > ago I wasn't going to mention it. My boss was attending
        > a conference in Barcelona, and it was imperative that the
        > conference materials (big screens and things for a booth)
        > arrive in time. Of course they didn't. We blamed the
        > Spanish agent, but maybe it was just DHL all along!
        >
        > At least the dollies are here, can't wait!
        >
        > (and how is the baby girl doing?)
        >
        > Susan
        >

        > --
        > Susan Fatemi
        > --
        > Oh Noh! Kimonos!
        > susanf@...
        > http://susanf.netwiz.net

      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
          Hi Sharon,
          Oh, wouldn't that be fun? A dolly group trip! I mentioned it to my
          husband last night, and he doesn't think it's such a great
          idea...that figures! He says he'd feel too responsible for others
          that come along to a foreign country. I haven't been to Korea for
          over 20yrs now, so it would be so exciting, especially now that a
          whole lot of other doll companies too, are located in Korea. If I
          ever do go, I'd leave Gwenie at my parent's place. If something
          comes up later on down the line planning a trip to Korea, I'll post
          it here, and maybe we could think more about it then. Thank you for
          the thought!

          ~Ashley.

          --- In sonokongdolls@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon Wilde" <swilde@...>
          wrote:

          > Ashley when you go to Korea can I come? I'd love to see the
          factory and the country. If you bring baby with an extra pair of
          hands are always a plus. Sharon

          Toy doll
          > Toy doll house Barbie dolls Usa

          of Service.

          -----------

        • Noriko
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
            Hi Ashley,

            The boots arrived yesterday and they are really lovely!

            Thanks again!

            Noriko
          • Susan Fatemi
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1 5:56 PM
              Ashley wrote:

              > Shipping cost from Korea to US was $615! That's not even including
              > custom duty, and I havne't got that invoice yet. It may be because

              Hi Ashley --

              Maybe cuz the dollar is weak? I'm surprised they didn't know
              about EMS -- all the Japanese shipper use it.

              Just wanted to let you know the Buddhist dancer doll and the
              furniture piece were here when I got home (makes up for being
              Monday). Her costume is just wonderful -- made by fairies
              obviously, everything so tiny and perfect. The "shelving unit"
              looks exquisite too, tho' I haven't taken it out of its box
              yet. (I'm exhausted from getting that sticky wrapping off the
              doll's box!)

              (for everyone else, I ordered the furniture pcs. in the room pic
              that Ashley sent awhile ago:
              http://dollskorea.com/acecart/bin/show.php3?mode=content&board=photoshop&page=0&number=1102
              The taller piece has arrived -- we're still waiting for the
              "dresser".)

              I wonder what they'll come up with next! I would love to see a
              shamaness doll!

              Susan
            • Ashley
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 9:17 AM
                Hi Susan,
                Yes, it may be that dollar is weak too, because there was definately
                price increase on everything. I'm glad you like your furniture and
                doll. I asked SOnokong to ship the other missing furniture by EMS,
                and they didn't know what that was. They asked me if I had EMS
                account. Well, they've shipped your missing chest on Monday, so I
                should receive it within days. I really thought the Buddahist doll
                was so exquisite in person!! You're so right about fairies making
                these...they are so well made and detailed.

                ~Ashley.
                http://www.gardenofdolls.com

                --- In sonokongdolls@yahoogroups.com, Susan Fatemi <susanf@...>