Re: #176

  • David Bulmer
    Message 1 of 315 , Apr 27 11:42 AM
      In article <000c01bfb02d$724366e0$a407883e@dan>, Nigel Kitching
      <nigel@...> writes
      >But I'm convinced that a lot of people do turn their back on things that are
      >dear to them because they feel this need to conform to a role dictated by
      >their age.

      I know I did. I was never into conforming to stuff but I tried not to be
      too conspicuous for a while. I never stopped collecting STC but my
      interest did wane at one stage, when I was about 14-15. The comics were
      great and I read them enthusiastically, but I didn't let myself get
      overly excited about it and I remember not talking about it at school
      just in case someone didn't accept it.

      Then this nutter made friends with me and started hanging around me with
      his friend who was created from the body parts of dug-up corpses. He saw
      himself as a bully and everyone else saw him that way, but he liked STC
      so I didn't mind talking about it. Especially leading up to issue 100, I
      was very excited about that, but I think I may have been 16 by then.

      And then of course when I was 16 I set up this list and started talking
      to Nigel, and about a year later it took off, and nobody thinks it's
      weird. But when you're 18 being normal is often considered weird.

      --
      David Bulmer

      The Sonic Ideal - It ain't over 'till the fat man screams
      www.encarnacion.simplenet.com/sonicideal
    • Doctor Zachary
      Message 315 of 315 , May 3, 2000