Re: Digest Number 934

  • Nigel Kitching
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2002
      Mark wrote:

      "Um, Nigel? Did you have any other plans for Super Sonic at all?"

      Well I knew that the last time I wrote him I would never get the chance to
      use him again, so not really.

      But I do know this: Ebony was Super Sonic's best ever friend and yet when he
      was destroyed she didn't seem very upset by this. I think she knows
      something that Sonic doesn't and she used her magic powers to save him. I
      don't know how - maybe Super Sonic is now part of her the way he was once
      part of Sonic. She's a sneaky one that Ebony.

      "(I go on a bit, don't I?) Basically, would his ending have been different
      if you'd had a
      few more issues to play with...?"

      No I don't think Super Sonic would have ended up any differently. I might
      have implied that Ebony had actually saved him in some way. I don't know
      really. I do remember feeling very short of space when I wrote those last
      couple of issues.

      Nigel
    • akazac
      Message 2 of 6 , May 22, 2002
        --- In sonicthecomic@y..., "Nigel Kitching" <nigel@n...> wrote:

        > I do remember feeling very short of space when I wrote those last
        > couple of issues.

        Though I remember feeling that very little happened in #183 when I
        read it.

        I mean you did that big full page panel at the end for crying out
        loud...

        Zac (realising he's never going to get that free drink now)
      • michael
        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2002
          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2002
            >>"Um, Nigel? Did you have any other plans for Super Sonic at all?"

            Well I knew that the last time I wrote him I would never get the chance to
            use him again, so not really.

            But I do know this: Ebony was Super Sonic's best ever friend and yet when he
            was destroyed she didn't seem very upset by this. I think she knows
            something that Sonic doesn't and she used her magic powers to save him. I
            don't know how - maybe Super Sonic is now part of her the way he was once
            part of Sonic. She's a sneaky one that Ebony.>>

            Ooh... interesting... (I see a fanfic coming...)

            >>"(I go on a bit, don't I?) Basically, would his ending have been different
            if you'd had a
            few more issues to play with...?"

            No I don't think Super Sonic would have ended up any differently. I might
            have implied that Ebony had actually saved him in some way. I don't know
            really. I do remember feeling very short of space when I wrote those last
            couple of issues.

            Nigel >>

            Hmm... thanks for clearing that one up. Actually, in one of my not-so-good
            fan comics I went and separated them again... leaving Sonic with the
            even-worse Hyper Sonic to deal with. Made my SA2 adaptation a bit tough to do
            though... whoops. Heh.
            And, uh, I'm writing a fan adaptation of Running Wild at the moment... do
            you mind? If not, any tips? I'm doing it in first-person, from Sonic's point
            of view.
          • ThaliaRockChick@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2002
              zac@... writes:

              << Though I remember feeling that very little happened in #183 when I
              read it.

              I mean you did that big full page panel at the end for crying out
              loud...

              Zac (realising he's never going to get that free drink now) >>

              I liked it myself... but, no offence Nigel, I can't help feeling that Super
              deserved better... ah well. You can't always have a happy ending for
              everyone, can you?