Kulak's Woodshed Museletter for 3/15 and 3/16/13---Every Monday Open Mic (see details below).......

  • Paul Kulak
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
      Kulak's Woodshed Museletter for 3/15 and 3/16/13

      Every Monday Singer/Songwriter Open Mic
      (See details below.)

      Friday 3/15
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      As of 3:00am today (3/15)  nobody has signed up yet
      but if enough performers would like to do a set on the
      DVD Recording Showcase tonight to make it a 2 hour
      show I'll gladly do it, but I'll need to hear from those
      interested in performing by 3pm today. Everyone is
      welcome to come in and do either 2 songs, a half hour,
      or an hour. Email me for details at
      paulkulak@... Please wait for a confirmation
      from me first before you come over.

      Saturday 3/16
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      Los Angeles Women in Music presents: "Young Talent
      Night" A monthly showcase featuring young performers.
      It is part of our commitment to nurture up-and-coming
      talent and reach out to the community through music.
      FEATURING
      Taylor Harrison
      Sabrina Lentini
      Athena Ripka
      Matt Ryan King
      This Boy That Girl
      Help Los Angeles Women in Music put musical gifts
      into the hands of kids in need.
      Click here to make a DONATION to the "Musical Gifts
      & Scholarship Program" THANK YOU for helping our
      kids make a difference! Los Angeles Women in Music
      is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

      Every Monday
      Singer/Songwriter Open Mic
      *New Start Time* 8:00pm
      All ages are welcome, so come on over at 7:00pm and
      sign up for the 1 song lottery. At 7:30 the host will pull
      the names from a basket one at a time. We usually have
      about 35 - 50 artists signing up so please perform a song
      that is 4 minutes or less so that all the artists signing up
      have a chance to play. For $20 you can request a DVD
      copy of your performance, captured by our 6 camera
      video studio with audio mixed in our 24 track Pro Tools
      studio. A copy of the Pro Tools tracks are also available
      upon request. Please pick up your DVD on the following
      Monday night after 7pm. You are welcome to use our
      acoustic guitar, baby grand piano (on loan by Bill Stettler,
      Thank you Bill) and drum kit (use our brushes please).
      You can also sing to a track if you bring it in on a CD.
      Original songs are 95% of what artists do here but covers
      are fine as well. No amps please. We have all the audio
      gear, DI's, and hook ups you'll need.

      Please click here to see more...
      http://kulakswoodshed.com/calendar

      Kulak's Woodshed is a labor of love. It is run entirely by
      volunteers and
      audience donations. Kulak's is located at 5230 1/2 Laurel
      Canyon Blvd. in North Hollywood, CA. You can visit the
      website at http://www.kulakswoodshed.com  Click on
      donate to help keep us alive.