Kulak's Woodshed available performance dates for January 2013.......

  • Paul Kulak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Happy New Year Everyone,

      Here are the available performance dates (below) for January. Let me know if
      you'd like to do one. A letter explaining the terms follows.

      Gratefully,
      Paul

      Kulak's Woodshed
      January 2013 Calendar

      Tuesday 1/1/13
      closed

      Wednesday 1/2/13
      closed

      Thursday 1/3/13
      Featured Artist DVD Recording Showcase (Pro Tools Multi-Track Audio and 6
      Camera Live Webcast/Recording)
      8:00pm TBA
      8:30 TBA
      9:00 TBA
      9:30 TBA

      Friday 1/4/13
      8:00pm
      Severin Browne and Friends
      $10

      Saturday 1/5/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      23 Decades
      with Two for the Road, and LATE
      $10

      Sunday 1/6/13
      closed

      Monday 1/7/13
      7:30 - 10:00pm
      Singer/Songwriter Open Mic (sign up at 7pm)

      Tuesday 1/8/13
      closed

      Wednesday 1/9/13
      closed

      Thursday 1/10/13
      Featured Artist DVD Recording Showcase (Pro Tools Multi-Track Audio and 6
      Camera Live Webcast/Recording)
      8:00pm TBA
      8:30 TBA
      9:00 TBA
      9:30 TBA

      Friday 1/11/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      TBA

      Saturday 1/12/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      Rene Urbanovich Presents:
      $10

      Sunday 1/13/13
      closed

      Monday 1/14/13
      7:30 - 10:00pm
      Singer/Songwriter Open Mic (sign up at 7pm)

      Tuesday 1/15/13
      closed

      Wednesday 1/16/13
      closed

      Thursday 1/17/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      Dennis Gurwell and Friends
      $10

      Friday 1/18/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      TBA

      Saturday 1/19/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      TBA

      Sunday 1/20/13
      closed

      Monday 1/21/13
      7:30 - 10:00pm
      Singer/Songwriter Open Mic (sign up at 7pm)

      Tuesday 1/22/13
      closed

      Wednesday 1/23/13
      closed

      Thursday 1/24/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      The Marc Joseph Band
      $10

      Friday 1/25/13
      8 - 10pm
      TBA

      Saturday 1/26/13
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      Fleming Robinson
      $10

      Sunday 1/27/13
      closed

      Monday 1/28/13
      7:30 - 10:00pm
      Singer/Songwriter Open Mic (sign up at 7pm)

      Tuesday 1/29/13
      closed

      Wednesday 1/30/13
      closed

      Thursday 1/31/13
      Featured Artist DVD Recording Showcase (Pro Tools Multi-Track Audio and 6
      Camera Live Webcast/Recording)
      8:00pm TBA
      8:30 TBA
      9:00 TBA
      9:30 TBA

      Kulak's Woodshed is a live webcast, TV recording studio, and 49 seat
      listening room created for the promotion of singer songwriters. A community
      labor of love I opened in 1999 that is operated by volunteers. Artists range
      from beginners to Grammy winners. Self serve snacks, soft drinks, tea, and
      coffee are available but we have nothing to sell, it's all, only about the
      music. All ages are welcome, and we are pet friendly.

      Performance options vary. You can do a 1/2 hour set, a 1 hour set, or you
      can book the entire night from 8pm to 10pm.

      In the beginning the Woodshed was a hobby that I paid for 100% out of my
      own pocket. I thought I'd only be operating once or twice a week but to my
      surprise we became very popular with artists and before long I was open
      most nights.

      But after a couple years it became too much for me to handle and I was
      nearly forced to close in 2001 because I could not pay the bills and
      employees any longer. Fortunately a number of artists stepped up and
      started passing a donation bucket and volunteers came forward to help
      me with operations since we are so tech heavy here with the multi camera
      video webcast.

      The problem that still dogs me is it's very hard for the Woodshed to get an
      audience to come here unless the artists heavily promote to their fan base.
      Perhaps because we are not allowed to serve food or alcohol, I'm not sure,
      but as long as the artists want the Woodshed to remain open I'll keep doing
      it but y'all need to bring in the audience.

      We have scheduled shows every week on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturday
      nights from 8 - 10pm. (We also have an Open Mic every Monday) We usually
      ask for $10 from each patron (Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays) but you are
      welcome to charge more if you wish.

      The Woodshed seats a maximum of 49 people. It is always our hope that you
      can draw as many people as possible so that you can make money too, and the
      more people you have in the audience the better it looks for you on your
      DVD. If attendance goals are disappointing (less than $75 if you do 1/2 hour
      set, $150 if you do an hour) you always have the option of making up the
      difference yourself, or you can of simply purchase the DVD for ($75 if you
      do 1/2 hour set, $150 if you do an hour) and keep whatever money was
      collected
      from people who were here to see you.

      The Woodshed has a lot to offer especially if you book the entire evening
      for yourself and guest artists you invite.
      -Load in at 7pm, 1 hour before the show starts at 8.
      -A Woodshed volunteer sound engineer is provided from 7 - 10pm
      -We have all the equipment you will ever need, just bring your instruments.
      -We also have a regularly tuned Yamaha baby grand piano (loaned to us by
      Bill Stettler)
      -Sound check from 7-8pm
      -Charge any admission you wish.
      -Play for 2 hours (take a break/s if you wish) from 8-10pm.
      -Keep everything above the first $300 raised.
      -Keep 100% of your CD's and merchandise sales.
      -6 camera TV recording studio. (Woodshed volunteer operators provided)
      -24 track ProTools live recording for re-mix later also available.
      -Friends and fans can watch the show live online.
      -Friends and fans can email performers where they can be read live during
      the show.
      -Get a DVD of your entire show at the end of the night to use in any way you
      like to promote and/or sell.
      -Hang out after the show.

      So if you do an entire night and attendance/donation goals are disappointing
      (less than $300) you always have the option of making up the difference
      yourself, or you can of simply purchase the DVD for $300 and keep whatever
      money was raised.

      Your thoughts?

      Gratefully
      PK