Reaching Out.......

  • Paul Kulak
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      Due to the difficulty in attracting artists to perform here at Kulak's Woodshed on the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night showcases we have fallen several months behind in the rent.

      The landlord is now owed a total of $8,000 and is requesting that we pay now, in full.

      A little context:
      In order for us to break even on all the Woodshed bills every month, we need to be booked 16 nights each month. Unfortunately, we have only managed to average about 12 bookings each month over the past year.

      In the past I used my own money to cover the shortfalls every month with my daytime business renting editing equipment to the TV and Film industry. But after the economy crashed in 2008, things got so slow that I now barely earn enough money to pay my own personal expenses.

      Please let me make it clear that
      I am very grateful for all the artists that performed here over the past 14 years and for those who plan/hope to in the future because you/they are responsible for taking us this far.

      Still, we are $8,000 short. For now, the only way we can save the Woodshed is if we all come together and find a way to raise the money. I will be holding a meeting here on Sunday December 16th at 3pm. Everyone is invited.

      Hopefully,
      Paul