Kulak's Woodshed Museletter for the week of 10/29 - 11/4/12.......

  • Paul Kulak
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      Kulak's Woodshed Museletter for the week of 10/29 - 11/4/12

      Thursday 11/1
      closed

      Friday 11/2
      Severin Browne and Friends
      with special guest Alfred Johnson
      $10
      Severin Browne performs solo to packed house concerts, intimate listening
      rooms, and even an occasional almost-rowdy bar crowd with friends from his
      SoCal roots. He is a sought-after guest in many singer-songwriter festivals
      and shows, and is regarded as one of the most accomplished performers in the
      Los Angeles area. Severin's easy manner in front of an audience makes it
      seem as if playing his guitar and singing his songs is effortless and
      second-nature. His brilliant lyrics invite listeners into the songs while
      his solid melodies carry the story from one note to the next. His delightful
      and inviting delivery has charmed audiences for almost 40 years.

      Alfred Johnson is a singer/songwriter and master of the keyboard. As a
      prolific songwriter, Alfred has written somewhere around 900 songs and has
      published at least 70 over a span of about 30 years. Early in his career he
      co-wrote with Rickie Lee Jones on her Platinum Grammy Award winning premiere
      album containing the hit single, "Chuck E's in Love". Alfred has been called
      one of this century's most animated and original songwriters. Jazz singer,
      Diane Reeves recorded and performed "Company", one of Alfred's finest
      collaborations. Alfred describes his musical style as very diverse, but the
      emphasis is always on the lyric. He blends Gospel with "Rhythm & Bluegrass",
      Pop, Rock 'n' Soul, and even some danceables in a way that only he can
      deliver them. You just have to experience him for yourself, and then you'll
      understand. The only thing better than hearing his songs is seeing him
      perform them live...with the lyric sheets, of course!

      Saturday 11/3
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      DVD Recording Showcase
      Everyone is welcome to perform and take advantage of our new Pro Tools 24
      track live recording studio. You can do either a 2 song set for $20, or a
      1/2 hour set for $75 in our multi-camera studio, and re-mix the audio later
      if you wish. Keep all of the money collected at the door that is paid by
      your friends and fans who come to see you. (capacity is 49) Use the DVD in
      any way you wish. Put it on YouTube, sell them at future shows, it's up to
      you. Be here at 7:30pm, show starts at 8:00pm and goes 'till 10pm. As always
      it will be webcast live on the internet at www.kulakswoodshed.com Please
      send an email to paulkulak@...
      to reserve your spot.

      Every Monday Night- Singer/Songwriter Open Mic
      All ages welcome so come on over at 7pm, sign up for the 1 song lottery and
      at 7:15 the host will pull the names from a basket one at a time. We usually
      have about 35 artists signing up so please perform a song that is 4 minutes
      or less so that all the artists signing up can perform by 10pm when we end
      the show. For a $20 donation you can request a DVD copy of your performance,
      which will be available for pick up the next Monday night after 7pm. You are
      welcome to use our acoustic guitar, baby grand piano (on loan by Bill
      Stettler. Thank you Bill.) and drum kit (use our brushes please). You can
      also sing to a track if you bring it in on a CD. Original songs are 95% of
      what artists do here but covers are fine as well. No amps please. We have
      all the audio gear and hook ups you'll need with multiple mics and cables.

      Kulak's Woodshed is a labor of love. It is run entirely by volunteers and
      audience donations. Kulak's is located at 5230 1/2 Laurel Canyon Blvd. in
      North Hollywood, CA. You can visit the website at
      http://www.kulakswoodshed.com Click on donate to help keep us alive.